What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

Fire

First Grade
Sounds like a bit of a loose merkin...

"In 2011, at Southport, Queensland, Magistrate Court Chase pleaded guilty to a charge of causing Grevious Bodily Harm and was sentenced to two years imprisonment, suspended.
In June 2012, he was suspended indefinitely after an apparent breach of club discipline on the weekend of 24th June."
Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangi_Chase

...don't know if Doust and Price want him back if they're not going near Lui and fired Marketo.

Anyways, his attack looks alright in that vid. Wouldn't mind seeing some of his defence.

Godz Illa

Coach
He was well behaved when with us, I guess.

He is a "triangle", and Doust mentioned that's where we were looking. And technically, he is an International :p

I'm curious though - why would visa difficulties prevent him moving from Castleford to Hull?

Stagger Lee

Bench
He was well behaved when with us, I guess.

He is a "triangle", and Doust mentioned that's where we were looking. And technically, he is an International :p

I'm curious though - why would visa difficulties prevent him moving from Castleford to Hull?

I'm guessing the FIRE post above yours. The viza would allow him to play for Cas tigers, and to continue playing for them, but the visa would have to be moddified to allow him to go to Hull - and with his conviction he would not now be given one.

Stagger Lee

Bench
Anybody see the Exiles game from the other year? Rangi ripped the English team apart, he was awesome.

He would be an excellant purchase for us ... If we can (or should) accept his conviction and the negative press.

nontime111

Juniors
Wow A post I started actually has ma fellow DRAGONS fans excited!! THANKS ALL.... I actually awake each day and rush to the internet with baited breath to see if the signing of SUPER RANGI has been announced yet...If your reading these words brother come back the true spirit fans do really miss you....and more importantly right now...REALLY NEED YOU!:crazy:

God-King Dean

Immortal
Mixed feelings.

Can tear a team a new one on his day. But I'm always cynical when there's a alot of hype about an ESL player; IMO Leeds would only scrape into the NRL finals. He's a massive grub as well.

Still, I'd have him. He's only 26, & the late 20's is usually when players are at their peak.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
ahhh... good ol rangers...

was happy when he signed for us, and a little sad when he left..

felt we never saw the best of a bloke who was described as a benji marshall clone with bulk..

for his flashes of brilliance, he had many predictable moments that the opposition would shut down...

would i have him back?

yes..

felt his combo with soward was good, but never got the space it deserved...

if he wants to come back to aus, give him a 1 year incentive contract.. whats the worst that could happen?

however.. if he's looking for a retirement deal where he earns the big bucks, i don't think he'd be worth the risk..

love my saints

Juniors
Two year deal done!!!! Looks like it'll be the soward n chase combo next year!!! Judging by his YouTube clip he brings an attacking game we'v been missing. Let the good times roll

love my saints

Juniors
I work with a relative of his, he said it's a done deal. But for some reason it will not be announced till early next week, not sure the reasoning behind this, but apparently it's done. Welcome on board rangi...

VanillaGorilla

Juniors
I'm not going to get my hopes up until I hear Doust announce it - far too many 'confirmed' signings on here that are nonsense. But if true, Id be very happy

Hutty1986

Immortal
I work with a relative of his, he said it's a done deal. But for some reason it will not be announced till early next week, not sure the reasoning behind this, but apparently it's done. Welcome on board rangi...

Incorrect. There will in fact be a press conference next Friday

jenninga

First Grade
I hope there is more consistency to his game now,not flashy one game crap the next 2 games.If he and Soward work a good understanding we could be a bloody good attacking team to watch .