What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rangi Chase

mmap dragons

Juniors
I reckon you should pick up both Rangi Chase and Bronson Harrison.
Both are mates - but more importantly they both offer plenty in attack.
Which should assist the dragons in becoming a better team.

With so late in the year and raiders trying to offload harrison - the dragons could pickup a real bargain.

I agree. At the right price, Harrison would be a very handy acquisition.

Last edited:

MattYg1

Bench
I agree. At the right price, Harrison would be a very handy acquisition.

I feel this thread is lacking Possm pushing for some kind of coaching/staff acquisition I think we should hire this guy to determain if the prices we pay are right.

369750-larry-emdur.jpg

He could also double as a hype man for the coach himself...

Rangi Chase, Bronson Harrison and Larry Emdur, did somebody say 2013 Grand Finalists?

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
I feel this thread is lacking Possm pushing for some kind of coaching/staff acquisition I think we should hire this guy to determain if the prices we pay are right.

369750-larry-emdur.jpg

He could also double as a hype man for the coach himself...

Rangi Chase, Bronson Harrison and Larry Emdur, did somebody say 2013 Grand Finalists?

Umm, lower. :sarcasm:

nrlnrl

First Grade
I work with a relative of his, he said it's a done deal. But for some reason it will not be announced till early next week, not sure the reasoning behind this, but apparently it's done. Welcome on board rangi...

Do you still work with his relative ? If so, could you please check if the announcement has been delayed until today to follow the Dragons tradition of all major announcements.

blacksafake

First Grade
With the pre season training due to start next month is it too late to ass-u-me that we have/wont sign him.Hull have stated that they are chasing prince or miller so this means that they have dropped off rangi.Does it mean that he is staying at castleford or is he coming to us??.Thoughts!!!

Breathingfire

Juniors
http://www.nrl.com/chase-could-return-to-nrls-dragons/tabid/10874/newsid/70267/default.aspx

In a statement, Tigers chief executive Steve Ferres said: "Rangi is in talks with the club but to date, no transfer has been agreed and he remains a Castleford player."

Ferres has said the club would listen to offers for their star player but would only agree to release him if it was in the interests of the Castleford, who signed Chase from St George in 2009.

Elias1983

Coach
So we are basically chasing a player who is not REALLY available...

Not really..

First paragraph says:

"Castleford star Rangi Chase is considering a return to his former club St George Illawarra after the Super League team confirmed their player has opened talks with the Australian outfit"

So he is at very least considering us.

love my saints

Juniors
Do you still work with his relative ? If so, could you please check if the announcement has been delayed until today to follow the Dragons tradition of all major announcements.

I actually pulled his relative up about it yesterday... He's maintaining it's a done deal, when i asked him why hasn't there been an announcement, he said it's just a Matter of both clubs crossing the T's and dotting the I's....
His relo is a huge saints supporter also, his pretty excited bout rangi coming back, so judging by his excitement Im not doubting his word, but like most I can't wait till it is made official.

MattYg1

Bench
Not really..

First paragraph says:

"Castleford star Rangi Chase is considering a return to his former club St George Illawarra after the Super League team confirmed their player has opened talks with the Australian outfit"

So he is at very least considering us.

HE IS... not doubt about that, however...

Last paragraph says:

Ferres has said the club would listen to offers for their star player but would only agree to release him if it was in the interests of the Castleford, who signed Chase from St George in 2009."

Elias1983

Coach
HE IS... not doubt about that, however...

Last paragraph says:

Ferres has said the club would listen to offers for their star player but would only agree to release him if it was in the interests of the Castleford, who signed Chase from St George in 2009."

Fair call..

I don't think they would be massive demands though...

going off other players who wanted to get out of their S/L contracts, it's usually pretty straight forward.

Here's hoping..

Godz Illa

Coach
Castleford are entitled to a transfer fee for his services, a standard occurrence in the ESL. If the deal has been done (not saying it has, just supposing), Doust is probably playing hardball on the transfer fee amount, and so are Castleford

From what I read castleford will release him quite happily as he is on big money and they want free up the cap space but will keep him if a deal can't be done as he is held in high esteem there.just wish they'd hurry up and announce something.