What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Raper probably our new coach - according to the Herald

Alan Shore

First Grade
Bastard_Squad said:
Docking said:
Deputising for Test coach Chris Anderson, who is away on the Kangaroo tour, Raper outlined a summer fitness program for the Sharks players that involves Ironman-type drills as well as the usual weights, speed and skills work.

A mate of mine was talking to him at the charity golf day yesterday, apparently Raper thinks that all the forwards were 5kg underweight last year, so there will be a bit less emphasis on sprints, and a more on weights once they start training.

Huh? Small, quick forwards are the trend these days.

Sharkie73

Bench
Look with all this S**t going on in the club at managment level, I think the players will rise above all the crap and play some outstanding footy in 2004 not only for them self but for we the fans who have had to site around and watch all this unfold. I think the players just want to win a premiership regardless of who the coach is, and they will do it for them self not the coach. :)

Booyah

Bench
fizman said:
Morpheus said:
On Friday of last week, a boardmember directly said " there will be an end to all the rubbish very soon, don't worry, it's going to be fixed up"

Maybe the Board are going to sack themselves???

Whilst my opinion IS biased, Stuart Raper IS NOT the right Coach for the job. I have a Coach in mind who would be BRILLIANT in every sense of the word. The mans name is Neil Wharton, and he currently coaches the Redcliffe Dolphins in the Queensland Cup. His resume reads as follows:

2000 First year as Coach (Premiers)
2001 (Runners Up)
2002 (Premiers)
2003 (Premiers)

4 years coaching, 4 Grand Finals 3 as Premiers. Neil is also the Qld Residents coach and is thought of VERY highly by the likes of Wayne Bennett. He has also had some exposure to the NRL by Redcliffe's association with the Roosters in the NRL. What makes Whartons achievements even more impressive is that Redcliffe lose players every year to the NRL, so he is basically starting with a fairly new squad each year.

Maybe some new blood is an Option, but who knows about this Wharton guy? For all we know he could turn out to be a Peter Sharp. A bloke with a fabulous lower grade coaching record, and I don't think I need to mention his First grade record.

imasharkie

Coach
dannyboy said:
Geez Reefy, you really hate the man - what did he do to you - sleep with the missus?

I think I've got it now...If the Roos lose then it's all Anderson's fault. If the Roos win then Anderson had nothing to do with it.

One last thing....now which way is up again? :?
and is the glass half empty or half full :lol:

Special K

Coach
if some of you guys think raper is a nuffy then you'll die when you find out who he wants for the PL job...

Special K

Coach
I can't say his name but when Raper was in the running for the job he was going to get the PL team then. I know because his my mates dad and they nearly had to move down to the shire.

btw this blokes never played in the nrl but might have won a with local comps in a few areas(I forget).

But then again he might have changed his mind. I hope he has :lol:

Frenzy

Juniors
cheese said:
It'll probably be aaron.......knowing what that bunch of boofheads are like

No it's not Aaron - but he is in the picture.

Aaron desperately wants the Flegg side which still has no coach appointed.

cheese

Bench
Ya kidding?!?!?!?!

Gawd ......Not that ive really got anything against the bloke, but f**k, its a bit ironic that the beef with opes had alot to do with his nepotistic ways.

Maybe johnny can get a gig in the kebab stand

Frenzy

Juniors
cheese said:
Ya kidding?!?!?!?!

Gawd ......Not that ive really got anything against the bloke, but f**k, its a bit ironic that the beef with opes had alot to do with his nepotistic ways.

Maybe johnny can get a gig in the kebab stand

Aaron was on staff for 2003. He was the Flegg or Ball, can't remember which, trainer. No funny business here cheese :)

Morpheus

Juniors
WIth Due Respect Foz, and I agree that the kind of coach you have described in Whartun is the kind of good prices, new ideas, fresh kind of coach that can get the best out of players in the NRL, but there is no chance that anyone BUT Stu Raper will get the job when Anderson leaves.

As for Aaron, Frenzy is correct, his ambitions to coach at a higher level are no secret and he has been smoozing over time since the season closed around the shire.

dannyboy

Juniors
Some of you forumites criticise the Doggies for their "family" club yet at the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks we have or had:
a) The Pierces
b) The Rogers
c) The Rapers
d) The Mullanes
e) The Bishops
f) The Porters
g) The Sorensons

Any more?

Nothing wrong with being part of "The Family"

fizman

Bench
Lads, I thought that Aaron Raper was Coaching the Dragons Flegg side in 2004?? I read it somewhere, just can't confirm the souce.

fizman

Bench
dannyboy said:
Some of you forumites criticise the Doggies for their "family" club yet at the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks we have or had:
a) The Pierces
b) The Rogers
c) The Rapers
d) The Mullanes
e) The Bishops
f) The Porters
g) The Sorensons

Any more?

Nothing wrong with being part of "The Family"

Dannyboy, You are quite correct. I guess the point is though, that the Anderson name is synonimous with the Canterbury club, not Cronulla. I think people are annoyed that Anderson is perceived at trying to create Canterbury into Cronulla when they are clearly 2 (dare I say it!) different cultures. I don't believe that anyone has a problem persay, with family ties within in a Club.

Latest posts