What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rating Freddy After 3 Seasons-

I can cop Freddy as coach but he needs to bring in guys like Benny Elias to teach the young kids that hating the Qld jersey and anyone wearing it is the key to lasting success.

Never relax, foot forever on their throat kind of stuff

The_Frog

First Grade
He's going to have the problem of what to do with all these wonderful fullbacks he has. Turbo will be back and play centre which has worked before, but what does he do with Papenhuyzen, who has never started anywhere but fullback in his 45 NRL games. Maybe a utility back, but then you're down a forward on the bench and can Pap cover the 9?

Tweed Titan

Bench
He's going to have the problem of what to do with all these wonderful fullbacks he has. Turbo will be back and play centre which has worked before, but what does he do with Papenhuyzen, who has never started anywhere but fullback in his 45 NRL games. Maybe a utility back, but then you're down a forward on the bench and can Pap cover the 9?
We will pick 6 or 7 forwards that can play 80 minutes. We do not need 4 forwards on the bench. Radley or Murray can cover injury at 9.

moffla

Bench
The thing I do like about Freddy is that he has instilled a new culture in this Blues side. He’s got a good balance between getting the players to understand the importance, but also has them very relaxed.
I don’t think he’s got many tactical bones in his body, and I’m sure even Paul Kent could have coached blues to a victory last night, but what he’s done for NSW in the past few years should not be understated.

betcats

Referee
I was big on freddy the first two years but thought he got completely out coached last year. He deserves a lot of credit for last night tho.

Munky

Coach
His post half time interview had me worried, was pretty incoherent.

Always like a coach who realised the best way to win is to have the ball in the hands of your best/most in form player and even Freddy knows that Tommy Turbo will destroy teams with ball in hand especially in a back formation off the ruck near the line of (left to right):

To'o, Latrell, Turbo, Luai. With Cleary and Teddy on the other side to keep the defence honest.

Each of those of those guy will beat their man most of the time.

blaza88z

Coach
Picking fullbacks at centre can go one of two ways, it went the way he would have liked it to go last night but as we know, it hasn't always gone that way.

He’s in the Mal Meninga class at the moment. He has by far the superior talent base to choose from so the biggest challenge for him is to not screw it up by trying to get too cute or fitting square pegs into round holes. To be fair that has been the downfall of NSW so many times over the years.

Picking fullbacks at centre can go one of two ways, it went the way he would have liked it to go last night but as we know, it hasn't always gone that way.

Latrell is a 2 time premiership winning centre and Turbo has played plenty of footy there as well. When Mal stuck GI in the centres whilst playing fullback at Souths the risk was low. If Freddy stuck Teddy and Paps in the centres it would be a different story.

myrrh ken

First Grade
There are fbs like Turbo, Trell and that parra jailbird who can play anywhere.

Then theres fbs like Ted and Gutho. I also question Paps utility value

Latest posts