What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rating Our Season So Far

Big Bloke

Juniors
Give me your score out of 10 for these areas of our game so far this season.
Love to see your comments also backing up those ratings.

1. Attack
2. Defence
3. Goal Kicking
4. Coaching
5. Ball Control
6. Captaincy
7. Penalties & Set Restarts for
8. Penalties & Set Restarts against
9. Shape
10. Resilience

taipan

Referee
Give me your score out of 10 for these areas of our game so far this season.
Love to see your comments also backing up those ratings.

1. Attack
2. Defence
3. Goal Kicking
4. Coaching
5. Ball Control
6. Captaincy
7. Penalties & Set Restarts for
8. Penalties & Set Restarts against
9. Shape
10. Resilience

1.Attack 7.Shown we can score, if we put our minds to it ,and back the man with the pill.
2.Defence 4.Getting 40 plus against you is not worthy of a pass mark
3.Goal kicking 6.Improved since SJ regained his mojo.
4.Bomber has to get a 6.5 considering he was blasted from pillar to post, due our early efforts.He has the team building confidence ,now we are in the 8.
5.Ball control 5 just a pass mark.
6.Captaincy give the team a 5 barely a pass mark.
7 & 8 Penalties at times and restarts can be influence by pedantic refs.Will refrain from offering points.
9 Shape 6
10.Resilience ,with so many experienced players on the sidelines, of late the players on the field have shown toughness despite some with limited experience ,another 6.

Overall better than a passmark, and if we continue in this vein we could average a 7 Or an A.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ball control 5/10

Are you sure?

Here is the comps error rates. Sharks 3rd best for low errors

Don't make me post the penalties

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 9.37.07 pm.png

shaggs

Coach
That’s great and all @Frenzy. but if you can I would like to see the following.

1. timing of dropped ball. Is it after points? Is it after restarts etc

2. who gave away the penalties. Was it a scapegoat or just another loveable fluff piece? Was it done to rescue the team from being on the Back foot or just from laziness?

Weaponhead

Coach
From a zero and three and start, the season has been pretty good. At the start of the season, given the cap fine a bottom of the 8 finish was about par.

Positives
Scoring points with improved attack
Johnson has been more consistent
Brailey2 has grown into good NRL level hooker
Emergence of Toby, Talakai and Hunt as quality forwards given Fifita's reduced role
Kennedy and Katoa showing more confidence
Beating the bad teams (apart from St George)
Smashing Manly

Negatives
Inability to concentrate in defence for long periods
Line speed hasn't been good enough
Lacking intensity to match better teams
No wins against top 5 yet
Continued soft tissue injuries for Moyza
Nikora, real second year syndrome

Morris has done a pretty good job overall. Losing Xerri would have hurt him as he had backed him hard to start at left centre. He has got the attack working but still big questions over defence.

Last edited:

Frenzy.

Immortal
That’s great and all @Frenzy. but if you can I would like to see the following.

1. timing of dropped ball. Is it after points? Is it after restarts etc

2. who gave away the penalties. Was it a scapegoat or just another loveable fluff piece? Was it done to rescue the team from being on the Back foot or just from laziness?

No stats of timing of dropped balls but I have time to watch all the games if you want? hahaha

Woods leads the penalties for the Sharks with Brailey hot on his heels then Wadeo

The NRL stats leader for pens conceded is.......................................PISSFLAP JUNIOR.

Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 1.15.10 pm.png

Quigs

Immortal
You are (You're, your, youse) just not game enough to post up that stat because Stake has your measure.

Frenzy.

Immortal
You are (You're, your, youse) just not game enough to post up that stat because Stake has your measure.

Nope. Not up to me to spoon feed this contender. Those stats are there for all to see. I'd tell you in private but you'd be on the blower to Stakey.

HAHAHA

shadowboxer

First Grade
Watched the presser - I’m half cut post game after ripping beer and sitting so close to the heater I now have a tan - speaks pretty well the coach. Level headed comments from a somewhat rookie coach. Hope he hangs about

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Watched the presser - I’m half cut post game after ripping beer and sitting so close to the heater I now have a tan - speaks pretty well the coach. Level headed comments from a somewhat rookie coach. Hope he hangs about
Yeah Bomber is a keeper. Looking forward to seeing him adding some quality to an already healthy squad once Moyzaa and Duges contracts expire next year.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Yeah Bomber is a keeper. Looking forward to seeing him adding some quality to an already healthy squad once Moyzaa and Duges contracts expire next year.

I could handle keeping Dugan on a one year contract, lower $$ of course. Can't blame him for chasing a longer deal though he'll be 32 in 2022. Not sure he's going to get it.

Moylan - yeah he can go.. now if he wants.