What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

brissiedragon

Juniors
what a bloody disgrace
I remember the outrage from Dragons fans the way Craig Smith was victimised by the NRL for his knee lifting running style in the late 90's, yet we see Warea-Hargreaves lead with the forearm to the tacklers head/neck EVERYTIME he carries the ball. I would like to see a few "dives" from defenders to highlight Warea-Hargreaves making contact to the head of an opponent, but we know that will never happen.

blacksafake

First Grade
I remember the outrage from Dragons fans the way Craig Smith was victimised by the NRL for his knee lifting running style in the late 90's, yet we see Warea-Hargreaves lead with the forearm to the tacklers head/neck EVERYTIME he carries the ball. I would like to see a few "dives" from defenders to highlight Warea-Hargreaves making contact to the head of an opponent, but we know that will never happen.
The man mountain Asofa from the storm does it too

Old Timer

Coach
Having looked at Rava's contentious tackles and those of other players not suspended it is indeed a conundrum.

Rava's last incident and subsequent suspension leads me to conclude the only way to avoid the problem is for the defender not to come forward to engage / tackle his opponent but rather stay back in defence and let the opponent run at you and force his legs into your shoulder and then as he does that you wrap your arms around him.

Now to a large extent that is what we did under Mc Fookknuckle and accordingly we had some cricket scores put on us but we didn't get the issues we currently face namely multiple sin bins, penalties & send offs.

So IMO there is no incentive for Hook to teach our players the correct art of tackling and therefore reduce the opponents ability to easily score tries because IMO it is obvious the NRL want us to again be a push over team and easy beats and they will continue to punish us until such times as that occurs.

St Tangles

Bench
It was good to see that the club stood up for the man and by so doing the entire Dragon team , however most unfortunately it would appear that the judiciary are blind to both our appeals and good old fashioned common sense .
l like it aswell.

I just believe we should of went one step further and expressed our dissapointment with the decision as I'm sure the Roosters would of done.

Doesn't have to be a big rant but we have said nothing.

rasaint

Juniors
Wasn’t it Phil Gould who stuck up for Victor Ridley asking the question something like ‘ The NRL doesn’t want Victor Ridley in its game’?

I understand that tech smarts have noted that after the initial contact of Rava’s broad ‘shoulder area’ neck to end where arm meets shoulder ( not point of shoulder) capsule’ is approx 3 /10 second to Right arm wrapping around and 6/10 second for left arm wrapping; described by the NRL prosecutor as ‘belated’. Of course, the plain description of shoulder charge from NRL is if a defender ‘ does not use, or attempt to use’ his arms including hands etc. A tackle is effected when the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball makes contact with the ground‘

Well Dear me Rava certainly in plain view tackled Whitehead low using his arms and hands during the tackle! I thought someone in media would come forward ( maybe Phil G ) and say this is unfair. No one seems interested and hardly rating a mention.

It’s a shame that a magnificent athlete like Rava is assessed so harshly. I will miss that rich dark skin contrasting with the beautiful white jersey with Red V charging for the try line. Shame a bit more reasonableness didn’t come into play like Robson and Takiaho situations.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
It was good to see that the club stood up for the man and by so doing the entire Dragon team , however most unfortunately it would appear that the judiciary are blind to both our appeals and good old fashioned common sense .
It was good to see - though if they had appealed the earlier suspensions this may have never arisen.

Its now time for real justice and having management appealing this to a higher court purely based on this video - the NRL need to explain the obvious inconsistencies in how they punish incidents.

billo

Juniors
Wasn’t it Phil Gould who stuck up for Victor Ridley asking the question something like ‘ The NRL doesn’t want Victor Ridley in its game’?

I understand that tech smarts have noted that after the initial contact of Rava’s broad ‘shoulder area’ neck to end where arm meets shoulder ( not point of shoulder) capsule’ is approx 3 /10 second to Right arm wrapping around and 6/10 second for left arm wrapping; described by the NRL prosecutor as ‘belated’. Of course, the plain description of shoulder charge from NRL is if a defender ‘ does not use, or attempt to use’ his arms including hands etc. A tackle is effected when the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball makes contact with the ground‘

Well Dear me Rava certainly in plain view tackled Whitehead low using his arms and hands during the tackle! I thought someone in media would come forward ( maybe Phil G ) and say this is unfair. No one seems interested and hardly rating a mention.

It’s a shame that a magnificent athlete like Rava is assessed so harshly. I will miss that rich dark skin contrasting with the beautiful white jersey with Red V charging for the try line. Shame a bit more reasonableness didn’t come into play like Robson and Takiaho situations.
Ray hadly did

Latest posts