What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rava being rubbed out

Dragon David

First Grade
Hopefully, there will not be a next time for Rava to face another shoulder charge at the judiciary but if he does, the Dragons would have so many examples of other players effecting shoulder tackles on opponents to help fight the charge. If he is found guilty again of the same offence and the tackle is the same as his last one for which he copped a further 4 weeks, he is likely to get 5 weeks which will certainly rub him out. I think even now the Dragons should be advising the match review committee of other shoulder tackles that the players have not been charged for as proof of the unfair treatment Rava has received.

blacksafake

First Grade
If I was the Dragons they have got enough examples after origin and a couple of other NRL games to build up a portfolio of examples next time to fight a Rava charge for what he lost at the judiciary last time
True, But is there not a rule in place where you can't use video of other incidents at the judiciary, something like every case is different?
I thought i read this somewhere a couple of years ago.

Dragon David

First Grade
True, But is there not a rule in place where you can't use video of other incidents at the judiciary, something like every case is different?
If you cannot use video as evidence of other incidents then what evidence is there that can help in any situation? I'm sure that even in the hearing they use video of the tackle so that they, the judiciary panel, can show the person charged why they think the tackle was illegal.

If your only defence is by explaining how the tackle was effected without the aid of other examples of tackles gone wrong, via video, but not put on report, then why bother challenging the charge and just take the judgement?

Gareth67

First Grade
The situation with Rav and tackles which have been worst than our blockbusting wingers is ridiculous to say the least .

And of course the 9 commentators silence about them , is the epitome of double standards .

Just leaves me seething , knowing full well that Ravawala will only need to look at an opponent the wrong way in the future and he will surely be penalized for it .

This has all the hallmarks of another Craig Smith scenario - penalize the bloke out of the game , he is playing for the wrong team .

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
The situation with Rav and tackles which have been worst than our blockbusting winger is ridiculous to say the least .

And of course the 9 commentators silence about them , is the epitome of double standards .

Just leaves me seething , knowing full well that Ravawala will only need to look at an opponent the wrong way in the future and he will surely be penalized for it .

This has all the hallmarks of another Craig Smith scenario - penalize the bloke out of the game , he is playing for the wrong team .
I agree Gareth. Rava has improved his skills quite a lot in the past couple of years but these suspensions will have an impact on how he will tackle front on in future as he will be tentative with them. So when he returns, all eyes will be focused on his tackles by all and sundry. Not a nice feeling to have I'm afraid for him and us fans.

Gareth67

First Grade
I agree Gareth. Rava has improved his skills quite a lot in the past couple of years but these suspensions will have an impact on how he will tackle front on in future as he will be tentative with them. So when he returns, all eyes will be focused on his tackles by all and sundry. Not a nice feeling to have I'm afraid for him and us fans.

Couldn’t agree more Dave , I don’t mean to come across as being one-eyed , but I can guarantee you that if he was playing in a jersey of one of the more prominent clubs that all of this would had blown away long ago .

rasaint

Juniors
Ado Carr got hit with a full on shoulder charge to the kidneys last night with only one arm very belated wrapping, left arm stayed down from my view. This was much worse than Rava‘s tackle around the legs and suspended for 4 weeks. Said before I hope our club has sent a respectful but assertive representation to the NRL On this matter and then will share any reply to us fans.

BTW being a bit balanced the maroons back rower may have thought ‘ if I go around the legs it may be a cannonball charge’. However, under the parlance developed years ago when Craig Wing playing for roosters got hit hard in back; became known as ‘the creeper’ tackle ( someone may correct me).

Yes, I still find it very hard to accept the seeming disinterested 5 minute guilty judgement to Rava‘s powerful low tackle; only to see a number of similar looking tackles go without charge. Really unjust. Is a 5 minute cursory judgement really proper natural justice and good faith in carefully considering evidence? I’m not a lawyer so someone might help me understand it all. The only comment I saw was the judiciary judged that the arm wrap was ‘belated’.

BLM01

First Grade
Cause you can. Obviously last trial they did not deem there was enough but because we’ve been focusing on it since then I’ve seen a few now that I would be presenting next time round

Dragon David

First Grade
Cause you can. Obviously last trial they did not deem there was enough but because we’ve been focusing on it since then I’ve seen a few now that I would be presenting next time round
I think quite a lot of us has seen shoulder tackles by other NRL players since Rava's last suspension. There have been numerous in fact. Not sure if for the time being that Rava is serving his penance that the officials are taking much notice of them and they are just waiting for Rava to come back and charge him again and say that "we thought that this type of tackle had disappeared but we now find it has returned and therefore we will charge Ravalara for his careless shoulder tackle on.... penalty 5 weeks ".

VodkaSaint

Juniors
The F@##$#@ NRL Couldnt even run a root in Brothel , How the FW@#EW does Rava get suspended , he had his arms wrapped around the player, it was a good clean hit, not the Bullshit type Teo dished out and all the commentators carrying on saying this was a Legal clean hit, GO F#$#@ yourselves , why aren't Saints bringing in some lawyers and showing the F#$% terds Teo's hit and many others F#@$%R$ RANT OVER

blacksafake

First Grade
Ado Carr got hit with a full on shoulder charge to the kidneys last night with only one arm very belated wrapping, left arm stayed down from my view. This was much worse than Rava‘s tackle around the legs and suspended for 4 weeks. Said before I hope our club has sent a respectful but assertive representation to the NRL On this matter and then will share any reply to us fans.

BTW being a bit balanced the maroons back rower may have thought ‘ if I go around the legs it may be a cannonball charge’. However, under the parlance developed years ago when Craig Wing playing for roosters got hit hard in back; became known as ‘the creeper’ tackle ( someone may correct me).

Yes, I still find it very hard to accept the seeming disinterested 5 minute guilty judgement to Rava‘s powerful low tackle; only to see a number of similar looking tackles go without charge. Really unjust. Is a 5 minute cursory judgement really proper natural justice and good faith in carefully considering evidence? I’m not a lawyer so someone might help me understand it all. The only comment I saw was the judiciary judged that the arm wrap was ‘belated’.
I think it’s called the prowler tackle, whatever it is it should have been penalised.

TruSaint

Referee
So Mel take Ponga out of the game, no pen, nothing.
Rava would get a year for this.

Watching it live I missed it, but the replay shows he stepped into Ponga.

da67696cc438229fd8dc195be4c622b4