What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ravawala

RedVDave

First Grade
Continues to leave his wing.
Continues to look shaky under the high ball.
Continues to let in soft tries.
Continues to make bad defensive reads.
Continues to make dumb errors.

...And yet continues to get picked ok sure we trialled some fresh blood but can the coach please concede it's a failed experiment and drop him, he's had more than a fair go and yet remains the biggest passenger on the team.

_Johnsy

Referee

...And yet continues to get picked ok sure we trialled some fresh blood but can the coach please concede it's a failed experiment and drop him, he's had more than a fair go and yet remains the biggest passenger on the team.
Pearson

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member

He wasn’t the problem tonight, or the past few weeks.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
He’s hit and miss, I really don’t feel strongly one way or the other at this stage with Rav. Tonight we were beaten in the forwards though.

I don't think we lost it in the forwards, we lost it from the bench.

The Warriors bench was used much more efficiently and they had major impacts on the play when they came on.
Tevaga played 42 minutes made 11 runs for 96m
Afoa played 40 minutes made 10 runs for 91m
Sao played 37 minutes made 10 runs for 83m
Lawton who actually carved us up played 20 minutes made 5 runs for 92m
(OMG! a replacement hooker on the bench and not a back in sight)

We had:
Latimore played 12 minutes (wow!) made 2 runs for 15m
Aitken played 29 minutes made 8 runs for 71m
Host played 24 minutes made 3 runs for 30m
Leilua played 52 minutes made 7 runs for 44m

Pretty obvious really, our use of the bench and the players selected there is useless. Only Leilua could possibly hold his head up as he also made 35 tackles at 100% efficiency.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Mary thinks he's found the next Radradra or Vunivalu but he wouldn't know a decent player if they came up and bit him on the backside.
For mine, Rav has had enough chances and just doesn't cut it.
He was ok tonight but got leapt over in the end for the last try where he was once again suspect under the high ball.
He can't be trusted.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade

Not to mention “no game awareness either”. There was one stage where Ravalawa did one of his non threatening hit ups, and as soon as that was done instead of “staying alive”, he simply jogged back to his position completely unaware that there was an opportunity for him to contribute to the next play.

He is park standard only.

i wouldn’t go so far as to say it’s failed but it’s certainly a work in progress and a couple weeks to a month in the Reggie’s can only help him develop don’t throw him to the scrap heap he’s got talent but very very green needs to get some more personalized one on one coaching to bring him along

possm

Coach

I've been calling for Rava to be replaced by Pearson for a while now. Rava may turn into a great winger in time however, he needs further development in CC right now.

Our recruitment's decision to buy a fist full of non first grade ready wingers and no backup for fullback has come back to bite us. I've said it before that we should always secure top line first grade players for our run on 13 first and then backfill with promising juniors and fringe first grade players.

Last edited:

Spazer

Juniors
Does anyone think he could have done more to stop the try where Lomax went low? Seemed to me that he was defending a very small patch of grass and the Warriors would have needed a miracle pass for Rava's man to score had Rava clamped down.

He could have, and he may have helped stop the try, but most good centres try to bait the defending winger in so they can get the offload to the outside man; Rav stayed out to prevent that. I'm not trying to bash Lomax because I know he is usually a good defender but he should have gone up high to hold the ball stopping any offload, then Rav could have jammed in to help. You don't tackle low when the opposition is that close to the line. Both Lomax and Rava are inexperienced but will quickly learn.

Latest posts