What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Cashmere

Below par tonight.
But he has exceeded expectations every other outing this season.
Has been a very good signing.

People will jump on his back though for turning the game with a penalty in possession.
But don't rate his season on one penalty or one average game.

moller

Juniors
I'm not even sure it was a penalty - they both pushed each other.
But he was rubbish everywhere else.

leoc

Juniors
Mate, they had a choice of him or Mason!! After watching them head to head, anyone that thought the club made the right decision can surely see that was bogus. He played with us in 05 and was let go back then, how did his game improve shoveling coal for us to want him back??

Tiger05

First Grade
Mate, they had a choice of him or Mason!! After watching them head to head, anyone that thought the club made the right decision can surely see that was bogus. He played with us in 05 and was let go back then, how did his game improve shoveling coal for us to want him back??

I can accept Cashmere over Mason but Blair over Mason. That has to be a gee-up.

The problem is that I have to watch Blair for the next 4 seasons or whatever it is. Farrkkkk.

leoc

Juniors
I can accept Cashmere over Mason but Blair over Mason. That has to be a gee-up.

The problem is that I have to watch Blair for the next 4 seasons or whatever it is. Farrkkkk.

The problem is that for all the praise our props have got this year, they have been nothing but speed humps over the past fortnight.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Sheens has probably burnt out KG and Woods after playing them for almost 80 for 8 weeks straight.

Once again great use of the bench tonight from super coach, Woods off for extended periods, Cashmere stinking up the joint yet playing long minutes, waste of space Heighington playing 80, BMM getting 10 minutes, Iosefa playing lock. Brilliant work.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The problem is that for all the praise our props have got this year, they have been nothing but speed humps over the past fortnight.

That's because Galloway and Woods are running out of puff. Madunit mentioned it a thread a while back, you can't keep playing them for 60-70 minutes each per game in the modern era. They were always going to find it difficult after a few weeks.

Tiger05

First Grade
I thought Galloway and Woods were alright out there.

Blair simply doesn't step up. I'd love to see his stats out there because he just seems to bludge. As for his "ability to win the wrestle" - whoever said that has obviously never watched him play. He consistently gets dominated.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Woods was great again when on the field but the signs were there for Galloway, especially when Newcastle made that break which lead to Ryan being sin binned. Poor Keith just could move to come across in cover.

Tiger05

First Grade
8. Aaron Woods 14 hit-ups for 111m 32 tackles
10. Keith Galloway 15 hit-ups for 138m 34 tackles
11. Adam Blair 7 hit-ups for 66m 27 tackles
12. Matthew Bell 3 hit-ups for 25m 34 tackles
13. Chris Heighington 9 for 75m 35 tackles

I thought Heighno was good but the stats show differently. I though Galloway and Woods were good and they were. The whole backrow was poor especially Blair and Bell.

I though Bell showed what a waste of space he was out there.

Blair hardly hit the ball up all night and we needed him to step up. I think he should be pissed off.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Woods, Galloway and Ryan (despite the bullshit sin-binning) were the only players who played good.

Everyone else was woeful. Blair is f**ked, Lote is just as bad.

I though Bell showed what a waste of space he was out there
are you serious? You praise Moltzen when he is crap and don't know what Bell is good for or see what he does?

If your stats are correct, 34 tackles. How many minutes was that? Less than Blair and Heighno that's for sure. He has been fantastic playing 13 when Heighno was out and that's where I'd have him and punt Heighno to BRET.

Fulton and Bell are what we need in the back and unfortunately Blair will be there as well.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bell and Cashmere have been playing above expectation and have been damn good value for the coin spent on them.

But all that is drowned out by the shithouse performances by Blair.

leoc

Juniors
That's because Galloway and Woods are running out of puff. Madunit mentioned it a thread a while back, you can't keep playing them for 60-70 minutes each per game in the modern era. They were always going to find it difficult after a few weeks.

Hence why signing Mason back then was a no brainer!!

Latest posts