What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ray Price should be on this list

Suitman

Post Whore
Yes, Pricey is a merkin and shoots his mouth off at times.
So f**king what?
It doesn't change the player he was, or ever will be. Easily in the top 3 of club greats ever. Maybe even No. 1. I wouldn't be disappointed with that result.
Whoever put this list together....... FMD!!

If we are talking top 5 ever for the Eels, it's a laugh he isn't included. Such a pathetically political decision.
f**king children.

Last edited:

Binga

Juniors
Ray price was in the top 16 as confirmed by the parramatta eels Facebook site. And is now on the website

Gronk

Staff member
Mick Cronin has been been named as the inaugural Champion of Parramatta, the highest honour bestowed upon an Eels player, at a gala dinner on Wednesday night.
Cronin, whose boot was the difference in the try-less 1986 grand final win over Canterbury, was feted at a black tie event at The Star. The goal-kicking centre was selected ahead of a plethora of blue and gold greats by a panel of experts, Hall of Fame peers, Eels members and supporters.
Former captain Nathan Cayless was also inducted as a Hall of Fame legend at the event. The club also announced its first president, the late Jack Argent, as a special inductee.
“It’s a great honour to be able to name Michael Cronin as the first Champion of Parramatta, having been a coach, player and a hard-working clubman who has dedicated so much time and service to our club,” said Eels chief executive Scott Seward.
“It’s also a privilege to see Nathan Cayless added to our Hall of Fame legends; as an international who captained our club for a decade and helped take the side to two grand finals, he’s a very worthy inductee.”
http://www.standard.net.au/story/23...ighest-accolade-champion-of-parramatta/?cs=12

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The difference in my opinion is Price was a real leader of men. I don't think those lesser teams that Hindmarsh played in would of got away with their lack of effort under Price. Hindmarsh great player, leader never.

Not saying price isn't a better leader then Hindy, but gee it is a lot easier to be a leader when you are in a team of superstars. Price's halves were sterling/kenny, had Cronin in the centres, Grothe on the wing, Taylor/Ella helping out. He had O'reily/edge/muggleton/hilditch in the pack. Quite a few leaders there helping Price out.

Who did Hindy have helping him in the last few years of his career ? Definitely not many players in the class price had helping him. Wonder how frustrated price would have been doing all the hard work in the middle then seeing Roberts/Mortimer/robson pissing it away.

Last edited:

Joely01

Bench
From family of mine that went to the night, they have said it was quite an amazing night.

Very well done by the club.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
From family of mine that went to the night, they have said it was quite an amazing night.

Very well done by the club.

Well said.

Lots of people are quit to bag the club so it is only fair to give them credit for things like this.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Yes, Pricey is a merkin and shoots his mouth off at times.
So f**king what?
It doesn't change the player he was, or ever will be. Easily in the top 3 of club greats ever. Maybe even No. 1. I wouldn't be disappointed with that result.
Whoever put this list together....... FMD!!

If we are talking top 5 ever for the Eels, it's a laugh he isn't included. Such a pathetically political decision.
f**king children.

I'm led to believe that the "top 5" was a list done by the Daily Telegraph as to who they thought would win the medal out of the 16 that were nominated.

eel speel

Juniors
I'm led to believe that the "top 5" was a list done by the Daily Telegraph as to who they thought would win the medal out of the 16 that were nominated.

Yes I think the daily terror journalist James Hooper put his opinion on a top 5 out tof the list of 16 who were eligible. Think it might have been deliberate to leave Price out? Price is always a ."go to man" for a comment at the best of times.

Well done to Mick Cronin .......... and Nath Cayless too.