What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 12 Eels v Dragons game thread

forestfan

Juniors
all in all a good performance

glad to see the desperation in defence and good to see Hayne Back to his very near BEST..it was like he had vaso all over him sometimes he couldnt be touched

not only is it a killer downer to be on the wrong side of that game its just a replica of Manly and Penrith tries last year where the team goes hail mary side to side and its like in slow motion where you thinking just tackle the merkin already

f**k it..on to MNF we go

pk76

Juniors
a loss is better

gthe more weave will see the end of Kony

I dont know about that. I know people want the coach out but wishing loss so he can be sacked is bit bad karma-ish.

Anyhow another week of pressure cooker for Eels...

Morenito

Juniors
Someone give me a shotgun!

First to shoot Ryan Morgan and then to shoot Kearney for picking him every week.

This is f#cked

MystikEel

Juniors
I actually have no voice from yelling at the teev down at the local. Annoyingly for me the bar manager is a dragons boy so I was competing with him.

15 mins to go I had bad feeling. GRRrr!

Still will be there on Monday, I guess :-\

Chipmunk

Coach
Realistically, the Eels played to their best for the 80 minutes so far this season IMO. Dragons most likely thought it was going to be an easy 2 points and played accordingly. I won't assume that most Eels fans thought we were going to win it with 15 to go, you knew in your heart we were going to lose it...........amirite?

Given the way the Dragons had played most of the night I thought we should have been 20 in front with 10 to go. As a result I didnt really think we were ever comfortable and always looked like losing eventually.

pazzaeel

Juniors
Cant blame the coach for the stupid mrrkins and the errors they make, right game plan and they f@#k it up.

Gee , Blair and Morgan should hang their heads , 2 woeful errors and they have to cop a fair amount of the blame

Thought Blair was outstanding tonight

MystikEel

Juniors
Why do we stand so shallow in attack and all our players appear to stand flat footed?

That and the repeat attempt at skipping through the line by mostly Hayne and occasionally Sio. Everytime they're near the line, but not running onto anything, they'll stop, skip and fail to do anything productive... :?

forestfan

Juniors
for me I dont want Trapdoor Roberts to be picked at 6 next week

all things considered I would pick that young NSW CUP Seage...

if its not mathematical then its getting pretty close to it for the 12' season

But ah i wouldnt be suprised to see the diciest havles combo named on Tuesday

6. Roberts
7 Sandow

MrT

Juniors
I actually have no voice from yelling at the teev down at the local. Annoyingly for me the bar manager is a dragons boy so I was competing with him.

15 mins to go I had bad feeling. GRRrr!

Still will be there on Monday, I guess :-\

That's just it, with 10-15 to go you knew we would lose you just had to watch it unfold.

We looked absolutely lost in attack. It looked like they had never trained together and just played together for the first time

Wally21

Bench
Thought Blair was outstanding tonight

agree. and Horo got better in defence at least. Thought the team as a whole were better, but definitely had the feeling we were going to loose when we started trying to defend the lead

Brenno75

Juniors
Avenger. Paulo was played out of position nearly all night. You can't blame him for a bad performance in a position he doesnt play

Wally21

Bench
That and the repeat attempt at skipping through the line by mostly Hayne and occasionally Sio. Everytime they're near the line, but not running onto anything, they'll stop, skip and fail to do anything productive... :?

I think you've answered your own question. They stop and jink because they are so shallow and we don't have runners running angles. it is either one out or side to side

Kornstar

Coach
Better effort against a very poor opposition, still shit result.......pathetic last 20 minutes.......

MystikEel

Juniors
That's just it, with 10-15 to go you knew we would lose you just had to watch it unfold.

We looked absolutely lost in attack. It looked like they had never trained together and just played together for the first time

I got this feeling it was "ok we're in front and going ok and we're on top of this but if they catch on to this we're stuffed" :crazy: :crazy: Saw it going downhill.

I love you Parra, I really do, but you inspire no confidence when you're under the pump. Seriously. :(

Avenger

Immortal
I think you've answered your own question. They stop and jink because they are so shallow and we don't have runners running angles. it is either one out or side to side

If that's not a coaching issue nothing is.

Our attack has no structure because our coach has no idea and keeps picking the wrong players. Paulo, Horo and Morgan should never see first grade again. How come we have no players in motion off the ball ? No decoy runners ? Why do we stand so shallow in attack and all our players appear to stand flat footed? I'll tell you why, Kearney has no idea.

All valid points, but it's hard when your 5/8 goes off injured.

Springs

First Grade
The first time all season the Eels looked like they were playing with pride in defending their line and with pride in the jersey. Also the only time this year that showed they might improve in the future. However have to feel for the players out there that worked their arses off all game (Hindy and Mannah especially) only to be let down by simple missed tackles. That's all the Morris and Stanley tries were from, they were both covered and our guys missed.

That said the only year that performance is reminiscent of is last year when we lost so many in similar circumstances, so still a lot of work to do. Nice to feel pride in my club again though.

I think the next time Sandow tries a shouler charge he should be hooked. Had Stanley covered if he just made the tackle, but went for the shoulder charge instead. Worst buy of the year for sure.

Latest posts