What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 15 Canberra v Warriors

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Game went as I thought it might, absolutely terrible coaching from Stuart, made the game too emotional and they came out hard and then had their traditional fade away. Who are the muppets Sticky, Croker could have won his 300th game last week rather than getting smashed in it. They shouldn’t be anywhere near where they are on the ladder, inflated by 2 wins that Annesley admitted they shouldn’t have gotten and getting a Souths side at Origin time

Warriors professional and solid, all they had to do was hang in and they were always going to finish over the top of them. Was very concerned at one point though because that Barnett tackle was very lucky not to be a send off

Benek

Juniors
I disagree on that tackle. Most of the impact was I to his shoulder and only touched a little head after that. I actually thought 10 in the bin was harsh.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I disagree on that tackle. Most of the impact was I to his shoulder and only touched a little head after that. I actually thought 10 in the bin was harsh.
Based on the 2021/2022 rulings I thought he was toast, those tackles were straight off for a while, from memory a bit of claret on the Raiders player too which adds to the look of it

Meth

Staff member

The Barnett tackle? I think it looked bad, but there might be an angle or two that exonerates him or at least lessens the charge.

Niukore is in trouble.

Also, no idea why Wighton didn't get binned #300

GoSouths

Juniors
The Barnett tackle? I think it looked bad, but there might be an angle or two that exonerates him or at least lessens the charge.

Niukore is in trouble.

Also, no idea why Wighton didn't get binned #300
Yeah, Niukore already had 2 charges this season. Loading will probably mean a decent holiday. Curran moves into 2nd row and hopefully Walker is back for the impact off the bench.
When the Warriors are almost full strength, they look good, particularly with both Barnett and Niukore in the pack. The losses came about when one or both were missing.

Scott

Bench
Loving the resilience, loving the fitness levels, loving seeing the smiles. Love this team.

We also have very decent squad depth. The 'next man up' mentality is good. Everyone just plays their role without fuss. Our bench tonight of Barnett, Ale, Sironen & Curran were a good example of this.

SJ must be playing the best he's ever played. Game management, kicking, running, passing and his defence has been awesome. Massive chance for the DallyM.

God I love this team!

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Ricky not to bad in press conference.
Must of had calls go his way.
The refs gave Rickys Raiders all the calls for most of the first half.

They knocked it forward twice, and that got let go. Then we lose the ball backwards and that was pulled up.

A forward pass. A debatable send off. Repeat sets for no clear reason.

The refs turned up for Crockers 300th.

nswarrior

Juniors
The refs gave Rickys Raiders all the calls for most of the first half.

They knocked it forward twice, and that got let go. Then we lose the ball backwards and that was pulled up.

A forward pass. A debatable send off. Repeat sets for no clear reason.

The refs turned up for Crockers 300th.
They definitely got the calls esp in the 1st half.
What about the attempted punch by one of their players and a penalty against us.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
They definitely got the calls esp in the 1st half.
What about the attempted punch by one of their players and a penalty against us.
Yep, that too.

I was actually frustrated at the refs. I honestly thought they were gonna continue to rob us throughout the game and that we were going to lose.

Meth

Staff member
Thought Papalii knocked on in the lead up to his try too.

They just got the 50/50’s, but I didn’t think it was the worst we have had. We managed to get a roll on. Maybe I just went in expecting worse.

GoSouths

Juniors
The first try that Badger said was held up shouldnt have even got to that stage. The ball comes loose from his hand before the line and she moved on past that.... Dont know what sort of stress they are under in the bunker but i couldnt believe that.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
The first try that Badger said was held up shouldnt have even got to that stage. The ball comes loose from his hand before the line and she moved on past that.... Dont know what sort of stress they are under in the bunker but i couldnt believe that.

Yeah I also thought he had very little momentum so not sure how you could say he got over the line without a double movement either. That wasn’t a try imo but just noting that some were arguing it was. I was more miffed with the Whitehead one.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
That,to me, was an Andrew Webster led Warriors performance. The old cliche of 'previous Warriors teams wouldn't have won that' never to me rung more true than last night.

We absorbed so much of that first half pressure and took the emotion and the stuff out of the Raiders effort, then were deadly clinical in the second half. I'm sure that would've been the message, to hang tough initially and that at halftime we had them where we wanted them.

That to me is one of the most pleasurable, noteworthy wins we've had in many years. I'm not saying he's going to win anything at all just yet but shit Webster can flat out coach. He's such an impressive guy.