What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

Wow. Didn't expect to come on her and see the shitfight that exists. We did about as well as I had expected. We were in the game for most of the match and the score blew out a little at the end. So what? Better than last year.

yy_cheng

Coach
Wow. Didn't expect to come on her and see the shitfight that exists. We did about as well as I had expected. We were in the game for most of the match and the score blew out a little at the end. So what? Better than last year.

I didnt expect we would win either.

But we got close at one stage, then a dumb winger screwed it all up

let's no get to carried away with Tepai's form at present after 2 games, remember last year? Kelepi was the next best thing. Where is he now?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
let's no get to carried away with Tepai's form at present after 2 games, remember last year? Kelepi was the next best thing. Where is he now?
Injured, and has had an injury plagued year. He is still only 20. Still believe when fit is in our top 17.

While I'm on a roll, does anyone keep track of metres made by forwards during a game? Or a season? I reckon that's where we are losing out.

Bigfella

Coach
We showed massive ticker tonight IMo

I thought we'd have 50 put on us.

I don't think individuals lost us the game.

Our game plan centred around Sandow and he is nowhere near as good as Jarryd hayne. If we had played a game centred around Jarryd, and he pulled it off, we could have won that game.

We could have been flogged. Then have more talent, and certainly have many less average players than us (given our injuries).

De gois was great and made more metres than all his games for us combined.

Junior, tepai and p showed enormous promise.

Our outside backs are woeful and we give so much away on that department it is like boys v men.

But we can be proud of the attitude and effort tonight. Better times ahead

Ant

Juniors
Better effort, poor vai just had a shocker and it cost us. But it can happen to wingers who are so isolated. We just need another year. We have too many players injured and too many important ones. The likes of Pauli, moeroa, paulo, tanginoa are all only 20 or younger. Semi, vai, Edwards, mau, are also 25 or under and young in terms of first grade. Even hoppa, I mean Morgan has played more first grade then him.
Only hayne, mannah, sandow, Ben smith, moi moi, tonga and de gois are genuine seasoned first graders with over 100 games.
Joseph Paulo is a real question mark, he offers as much good as bad. He must be almost the most penalised player in the game. And most of them are stupid. He is a great link player.
Hayne
Toutai
Morgan
Hoppa
Semi
Norman
Sandow
Mannah
Peats
Paulo
Mau
Edwards
Lussick

De gois
Pauli
Gower
Mossop

Moeroa
All good
Tanginoa
Terepo

That's lots of depth and young forwards

Chipmunk

Coach
These guys do: http://live.nrlstats.com/nrl/season2014.html

We lose that contest nearly every week. We have done for years. The last time we were regularly competitive in the ruck was 2011.

I'd argue that we have consistently lost the play-the-ball area for more than a decade.

I've seen nothing this season to suggest this is about to change.

I think it is our lack of attention to detail in this particular area that is definitely holding us back from achieving anything.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd argue that we have consistently lost the play-the-ball area for more than a decade.

I've seen nothing this season to suggest this is about to change.

I think it is our lack of attention to detail in this particular area that is definitely holding us back from achieving anything.
since 05 i reckon, besides our 12 week run in 09 where we just popped the ball all over the place.