What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just means we had an extra bloke to share the carries. But you'll find most teams don't share the attacking load equally between the tight forwards anyway. Plenty of teams play one or two just for defence and a few rubbish carries (returning kickoffs and hit ups late in exit sets and so on).

A handy shortcut is just to look at the two highest yardage tight forwards in the team, plus the starting edge forwards and the wingers. That will tell you plenty about how the game panned out.

Well I've closed all the tabs and can't be buggered adding again, but thanks. My info so far tells me we got smashed.

And the wingers? Surely a couple of line breaks puts this all out of whack? How do the forwards get credit for Hayne's try a few weeks ago (and yeah I know he's fullback but in this equation he counts)?

natheel

Coach
Beaten by a better team. These losses will help our young guys learn. Some key injuries and our young guys are getting some good minutes to come out next year and go even better and learn from mistakes. We are having a better year and that's all i can ask for. Future looks bright

Gee Moeroa has really impressed in 2 games

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Well I've closed all the tabs and can't be buggered adding again, but thanks. My info so far tells me we got smashed.

The stats show we definitely deserved to lose.

And the wingers? Surely a couple of line breaks puts this all out of whack?

It might do. If you see a winger with 200 metres there's a good chance he has a couple of linebreaks in there but even backing up someone else's linebreak can blow a player's yardage (metrage?) right out. I did say it's just a shortcut. The player's number of runs is just as important as his metres.

How do the forwards get credit for Hayne's try a few weeks ago (and yeah I know he's fullback but in this equation he counts)?

You mean his kick return try against the Knights? Why would the forwards get any credit for that?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Beaten by a better team. These losses will help our young guys learn. Some key injuries and our young guys are getting some good minutes to come out next year and go even better and learn from mistakes. We are having a better year and that's all i can ask for. Future looks bright

Agree 100%

Gee Moeroa has really impressed in 2 games

He sure has. I'm surprised at how big and strong he is. Will become a great player.

Dave Gower gets better every week too.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Predictable unfortunately.

We did exactly what a middle of the road team would do in this sort of game. Hopefully we learn from it but the string of losses is a real worry. I hope we get a few more W's before the season is out.

yy_cheng

Coach
this game seph s playing an old style halfback role or middle half. he was 1 of the rock and passing to forward s. 1 pass off the Ruck passing to a stand off.

he was doing little stuff as sterlo used too. not the brilliant stuff just the running of the team up the field

then that pass to Benny was an old style halfback move. now if he threw it to a forward and wrapped around like a run around it would be more obvious.

however as I started before, he is not consistent enough and defense is not good enough for mine

strider

Post Whore
i'm not stupid enough to say sef is a good player, he's not, he's average - but he did some good things last night - there were a few times he made good cover tackles on big buggers heading towards the tryline - I remember, cos each time my initial thought was it was someone else and was surprised it was him

and I also agree ben smith is past it ... last week when i saw the wenty game on tv was the first time I had seen him for some time and I was surprised how large he looked - and thought he was slow and done .... very surprised to see him selected this week .... but having said that his defense was still very solid and I thought he did his job when on the field last night

gower - we really need to keep him - he is the no frills, reliable player every team needs - you just want other more frilly players around him

tepai - loved his energy - the big tackle in the first set - really loved his try, cos he won me some $$$s - but not just that, he ran onto the ball like he meant it and ran a good line .... unfortunately you could see his fitness level needs to improve and he struggled as the game went on .... but he's a gun and we really need to keep him

everyone hates sandow - but at least he's f**kin trying something and getting involved - its his job to take some risks - cos cory norman does bugger all, so you need one of your halves to be trying something

TheParraboy

Staff member
everyone hates sandow - but at least he's f**kin trying something and getting involved - its his job to take some risks - cos cory norman does bugger all, so you need one of your halves to be trying something

I don't think its Sandow trying things per say, especially if we are dormant in attack. Its more the dumb idiotic plays he does when he doesnt need to eg shoulder charge on a bloke on the ground, intercept pass on the 2nd tackle etc...

I doubt very much we will extend his contract and wouldn't be surprised if we are head hunting a marquee halfback for 2016

watching the game on delay, how many f**king soft leg up penalties can they give these merkins???

We must be doing something wrong in the wrestle because we seem to get pinged more quickly than other sides. There were a couple of times Souffs held Parra players down for an eternity (one really slow one on Semi), and it's just "play on". Time to employ a new wrestling coach.

I don't think Sef Paulo had too bad a game last night. We got got smashed through the guts by the Burguii.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We must be doing something wrong in the wrestle because we seem to get pinged more quickly than other sides. There were a couple of times Souffs held Parra players down for an eternity (one really slow one on Semi), and it's just "play on". Time to employ a new wrestling coach.

I don't think Sef Paulo had too bad a game last night. We got got smashed through the guts by the Burguii.
Hayne at training this week really paid dividends..........

What/ about when Sandow and Hayne got taken out off the ball chasing a kick and nothing was done??? It was still only a 4 point ball game at the time as well.

yy_cheng

Coach

10. Jnr
11.Edwards
12.Tepai
15. Peni
16. Pauli

9, De GOis
8. Fui
13. Gower
14. Seph
17. Smith

Half our pack are inexperienced.

BigErn

Juniors
Does anyone have a stat for games under Cummins? I swear, I can't remember winning a game with him as referee. He is a pathetic referee. A couple of really crucial decisions didn't help us last night.

We don't seem to get the decisions because we don't fight in the tackle. Hayne is the only one who seems to really fight to get up. The rest seem to be content to lie there and get up when the players get off them. You won't get a decision if you're not kicking and screaming to get up. Someone hire Michael Hancock to come in and teach the boys a thing or two.

Does anyone have a stat for games under Cummins? I swear, I can't remember winning a game with him as referee. He is a pathetic referee. A couple of really crucial decisions didn't help us last night.

We don't seem to get the decisions because we don't fight in the tackle. Hayne is the only one who seems to really fight to get up. The rest seem to be content to lie there and get up when the players get off them. You won't get a decision if you're not kicking and screaming to get up. Someone hire Michael Hancock to come in and teach the boys a thing or two.

Could not agree more with that second paragraph. We've been like that for ages and it shits me to tears. Just plain dumb footy. And Hancock is exactly the guy I think of, too. He was a mad merkin.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We must be doing something wrong in the wrestle because we seem to get pinged more quickly than other sides. There were a couple of times Souffs held Parra players down for an eternity (one really slow one on Semi), and it's just "play on".

That's just dominant tackles. They made heaps of them and we made f**k all. That's the case nearly every week for us.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We don't seem to get the decisions because we don't fight in the tackle. Hayne is the only one who seems to really fight to get up. The rest seem to be content to lie there and get up when the players get off them. You won't get a decision if you're not kicking and screaming to get up.

This is a very good point.