What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 19: Parramatta Eels v Souths at Pirtek stadium 7.40pm 18/7/14

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
8. Mannah
9. Peats
10. Mossop
11. Manu
12. Kelepi
13. Lussick

Not a bad pack there, they were all missing last night. I reckon they would have helped in the wrestle , winning the ruck.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I dunno. But since we're counting wingers, whose metres often include breaks, why not the fullback?

Include the fullback if you want then. It's your life.

I find the fullback always makes plenty of runs and metres regardless of what happens in the match. It's more interesting when the fullback makes f**k all runs and metres, as happened with Sandow last week, and Ben Barba a few times this year.

Probly better just to leave the wingers out of it.

Make sure you look at total runs as well as just metres, especially for the wingers. Daniel Vidot, for example, is the busiest winger in the NRL and most weeks he tops the Broncos for runs and metres. Doesn't make a lot of linebreaks though.

Vidot is important to the Broncos' gameplan because he helps make up for the lack of go forward Brisbane get out of their small pack.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I actually thought Vai was fantastic out of dummy half last night. His other efforts were poor though. Like Terepo, he has hands like feet. He dives low he scores. He dosent lack courage but he does lack technique. Im not sure he should be playing wing.

Chipmunk

Coach
Agree 100%

He sure has. I'm surprised at how big and strong he is. Will become a great player.

Dave Gower gets better every week too.

Gower has been a good find this season. Are we going to have to let him go though because of the salary cap issues?

Chipmunk

Coach
Predictable unfortunately.

We did exactly what a middle of the road team would do in this sort of game. Hopefully we learn from it but the string of losses is a real worry. I hope we get a few more W's before the season is out.

I think the remainder of our season is going to be very interesting and I believe that what we do for the remaining 7 games will have a huge bearing on how we go next season.

Realistically we still play 5 games against teams that are below us. If we are a fair dinkum team heading in the right direction, then we should be winning games against these teams. We should win at least 4, if we're fair dinkum. If we win all 5 of those games, we will make the Top 8.

If we lose most of those games we will probably finish bottom 4... and I fear it will not auger well for 2015...

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I think the remainder of our season is going to be very interesting and I believe that what we do for the remaining 7 games will have a huge bearing on how we go next season.

Realistically we still play 5 games against teams that are below us. If we are a fair dinkum team heading in the right direction, then we should be winning games against these teams. We should win at least 4, if we're fair dinkum. If we win all 5 of those games, we will make the Top 8.

If we lose most of those games we will probably finish bottom 4... and I fear it will not auger well for 2015...

Do you mean augur or auger?

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Watched post match conference and to be honest it sounds like Arthur went fairly easy on them praising them for their efforts, here in lies the problem if u do not call a spade a spade, these clowns will think this effort was somewhat acceptable, to me this is typical Parramatta dribble and fear BA is falling into the trap of past coaches,Im not sure he is the answer as he had Toovy to fall back on at Manly at Parra he is exposed and we will really see his ability or lack of.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think he's right. We tried our guts out but just didn't have the cattle. Earlier in the year when we had everyone on deck Arthur was all about 'we need to be better' which was fair enough because we could be better. Last night we were just outplayed.

There's no point putting a rocket up the boys. They did their best but Souths have a huge pack and made f**k all mistakes. They completed 89% in the second half.

Chipmunk

Coach
Watched post match conference and to be honest it sounds like Arthur went fairly easy on them praising them for their efforts, here in lies the problem if u do not call a spade a spade, these clowns will think this effort was somewhat acceptable, to me this is typical Parramatta dribble and fear BA is falling into the trap of past coaches,Im not sure he is the answer as he had Toovy to fall back on at Manly at Parra he is exposed and we will really see his ability or lack of.

I thought BA was fairly honest on how we went. I think we put in the effort for sure. But for mine, Hayne's comments in the press conference about $750k of players playing somewhere else, is that they're already looking for excuses about why they will miss the Top 8.

I will be interested to see what we deliver up in the next few weeks. We really need to start winning games. There are no more excuses. I think if we go down to the Gold Coast it will be the straw that will break the camels back and we will be lucky to win another game.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Moeroa swapped sides during the game I think as he missed a couple of tackles, smith took his spot to fix the defence.