What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 2 judiciary

innsaneink

Referee
Just heard on radio:

Ross referred straight to judiciary- no grading
White- grade 4 striking
Hunt -forget the grading, looking at 3 weeks they said
No mention of Ash graham

pretty much right I guess, although I thought Graham may have been charged with striking rather than a careless high tackle.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
BRONCOS fullback Karmichael Hunt faces a one-week suspension for his front-on tacckle on Roosters five-eighth Braith Anasta on Good Friday.
Both camps said after the match that Hunt had been a victim of circumastances and Anasta has offered to give evidence on Hunt's behalf but the NRL judiciary committee has still charged the Queensland Origin fullback with a grade-three careless high tackle.

The offence carries 175 demerit points but this will be reduced to 131 if Hunt pleads guilty. Each 100 demerit points equates to a week's suspension.
North Queensland's Ashley Graham was charged with a grade-four careless high tackle for his hit on Tigers captain Brett Hodgson on Saturday night and is also likely to miss Friday night's Suncorp Stadium showdown with the Broncos.

Graham will cop a one-week suspension if he pleads guilty but two if he goes to the judiciary and loses.

Sharks prop Ben Ross has had his striking charge referred direct to the judiciary, meaning he faces a long stint on the sidelines for his late hit on Storm halfback Cooper Cronk in Sunday's fiery encounter in Melbourne.

Storm prop Brett White who imposed on-field justice on Ross has been charged with grade-four striking and faces three weeks on the sideline if he pleads guilty and four if he takes his case to the judiciary and loses.

Sea Eagles prop Josh perry was the other player cited, for striking, and he faces a one-week suspension.

from Savage's link above.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
In summary:

Perry (Manly) 1 week
Hunt (Broncos) 1 week
Graham (Cowboys) 1 week
Ross (Sharks) Judiciary
White (Storm) 3 weeks early plea, 4 weeks contested & lost

salivor said:
Hunt should contest it especially with Anasta being prepared to help his defence.

I don't think they take the 'victim's testimony anymore do they?
He should fight it anyway as there's enough camera angles to show Anasta slipping into it.

JW

Coach
salivor said:
Hunt should contest it especially with Anasta being prepared to help his defence.

True.

Though to be honest I feared a much harsher charge for Karmichael going on past reactions to indicents like this, so even if he does end up sitting the week out it'll still feel like somewhat of a relief.

salivor

First Grade
Babyface O'reilly said:
I don't think they take the 'victim's testimony anymore do they?
He should fight it anyway as there's enough camera angles to show Anasta slipping into it.

When did that change? Whether or not they can take it into account, I'd find it hard to believe that it won't influence their decision if Anasta helps with Hunt's defence.

JW said:
True.

Though to be honest I feared a much harsher charge for Karmichael going on past reactions to indicents like this, so even if he does end up sitting the week out it'll still feel like somewhat of a relief.

Same here, I was expecting a witch hunt. I don't think he has a case to answer though, it was a pure accident so if we can get him on the park for the Cowboys match then we should go for it.

beave

Coach
I think Hunt should fight it, his and Ash Grahams I thought were pretty unfortunate that their opposite was falling into both tackles. But I feel Hunts' is pretty harsh, there is a good photo getting around clearly showing Anasta hitting the upper part of Hunts arm/shoulder.