What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 21: Raiders @ Rabbits

thickos

First Grade
Raiders remain unchanged
rd21_426.jpg
July 25, 2006
spacer.gif
The Canberra Raiders have named an unchanged seventeen man side to take on the Rabbitohs on Saturday night, in what is shaping up to be an important clash at Telstra Stadium.​
The only change within the side will see Simon Woolford return to the number nine jumper, with Lincoln Withers to start in seven and Todd Carney in fourteen.
Despite the number change the Raiders are expected to start with the same on-field team they have in the past fortnight, with Carney coming off the bench and Woolford and Withers in the starting line-up.
Carney said the Raiders will head into this week’s match against the Bunnies with a similar approach to their games against the Tigers and Dragons, with their attacking flair on show away from home.
“We’re sticking to the same sort of game plan this weekend and hopefully it can work the same way,” Carney said. There are a few things we have changed up but it won’t take away from our attack.”
Raiders Coach Matt Elliott said the chance to use the same players again on Saturday is a huge bonus for his side, with solid combinations starting to form from within the team.
“I think one of our strengths over the past two weeks has been being able to play with the same team,” Elliott said. “I think that continuity will hopefully show again this week.”
Elliott said he expects the Raiders to head into the match with the same intensity they have shown over the past fortnight, and expects nothing less on Saturday night.
“I’ll be disappointed if our mindset is any different from last week,” he said. “We’ve identified some areas that we executed well on the weekend, and we’ve also identified some areas we need to work on to continue on in this competition.
“They’re a side that’s desperate and they will be looking for another two points this weekend, they wouldn’t be happy with their record and we need to be equally desperate.”
NRL ROUND 21
CANBERRA RAIDERS V SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
TELSTRA STADIUM, SATURDAY JULY 29, 7.30pm

1 CLINTON SCHIFCOFSKE (C)
2 ADRIAN PURTELL
3 PHIL GRAHAM
4 ADAM MOGG
5 MARSHALL CHALK
6 JASON SMITH
7 LINCOLN WITHERS
8 DANE TILSE
9 SIMON WOOLFORD
10 TROY THOMPSON
11 TOM LEAROYD-LAHRS
12 JASON CROKER
13 ALAN TONGUE

INTERCHANGE
14 TODD CARNEY
15 KRIS KAHLER
16 MICHAEL HODGSON
17 MICHAEL WEYMAN​

Paullyboy

Coach
I keep getting scared that Im going to see Howell back in for Chalk, thank buggery Elliott has finally seen the light.

woodgers

Bench
Yeah, no complaints this week. Like Hrundi said, hopefully consistancy can get us over the line in this one. You couldn't really justify dropping or selecting anyone new based on last Sunday.

Raider_69

Post Whore
still not confident enough in turtell to say he should be there but i guess off the back of the saints game you couldnt really drop anyone...

one of the more logically pick teams in elliotts tenure

dubby

Bench
I am confident of a win with that team. It all comes down to attitude:

.who is hungier and who is more desperate for the 2 points.
.who is willing to play to their game plan
.the team have their heads on and are focussed to play a team dead last in front of 5k people.

THis is an important game for the Raiders. They better be ready for a tough match; the Bunnies compete for most of the game its usually their lack of discipline and mental state that cost them victories.

Can't argue with that team, though still think TC should start. We really need to put a big score on the bunnies to help our For an Against.

yeh it should diffenatley be Carney starting and withers on bench, we should have our point differential close to 0 if we have a great night with everything happening well for us, if we keep up to good work our for and against should be + something not -

legend

Coach
Hopefully our unblemished record at Telstra will remain intact and we can grow in confidence for the Broncos game next week.

aussies1st

Staff member
At least we know Carney won't be starting and not waiting until the match to find out hes been benched.

i think we have a good chance against the broncos next week we should have beat them last time and we have also proven we can beat top sides, any way back onto the souths game...

thickos

First Grade
Rabbitohs:

1. David Peachey
2. Nathan Merritt
3. Todd Polglase
4. Germaine Paulson
5. Paul Mellor
6. Beau Champion
7. Joe Williams
8. Peter Cusack ©
9. Stuart Webb
10. Scott Geddes
11. David Fa’alogo
12. Joe Galuvao
13. John Sutton

Interchange:

14. Mark Minichiello
15. Manase Manuokafoa
16. Ben Rogers
17. Kane Cleal

Ben Walker to PL !

canberra_raiders2k2

First Grade
i like that team, purtell is the only worry but he didnt do anything too bad on the weekend so its ok i guess.

Kahler is hitting the line at full pelt, i think him coming off the bench has worked great.

TLL and Weyman, when these two are on the field we get a roll on like no other.

Bay56

First Grade
canberra_raiders2k2 said:
i like that team, purtell is the only worry but he didnt do anything too bad on the weekend so its ok i guess.

Kahler is hitting the line at full pelt, i think him coming off the bench has worked great.

TLL and Weyman, when these two are on the field we get a roll on like no other.

I tend to judge a players performance on a number of games

Bay56

First Grade
Withers bench, Carney Start

Purtell out, Zillman in.

That gives you the full 80 mins to reduce that F/A.

Latest posts