What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RD 21 TLT - Mighty Eels v Mr Brown's Boys

strider

Post Whore
Will be good to see a Wenty pack of Stephano, Timmy, Oregon, Peni, Davey, Salesi today. Throw in Gennings, Dunster, Parry, Louganis and Salmon and we should pants the last placed Knights. :thumbsup:
Well now you've f**ked it

TheRam

Coach
I sense a terrible round for eels. We lose amd all teams we want to lose win leaving us with some pressure.

Yes unfortunately this is the type of team we have had for such a long time now, that even when they string a few decent games together we still know/feel that we are vulnerable and very likely to put in a very ordinary effort that will undo all the good work of the previous few games.

We just don't have a great team yet. We still have some mentally weak individuals and or plodders that need to be replaced with quality hard nosed merkins. Also I agree with some of the posters here that our bench looks fairly ordinary.

Boy do I hope that we can get some decent signings for next season. I just want to have a team that I don't have a fear of having a stinker in any given week. It would be great turning up to the foot for a change knowing that the overwhelming odds are that we walk away with a great win today.

On a positive note, I feel the best two stories of our season this year are the revelation and form of Siva. What a talent and gem this bloke has turned out to be and realistically should still get better. But my biggest best is the outstanding and most importantly consistent form of none other then the petulant dummy spitter Mitchell Moses.

What a season this guy is having. First or near first in all the great markers that you want in a half in the NRL. And his goal kicking has improved so much that he is now one of the best in the league.What this guy has been doing for us this season is beyond anything I thought he was mentally capable of. He has always had the talent, just like Shaun Johnson does, but look at where he is with his game and look at Moses today. Wow! If he maintains this type of form for the next few years, with some improved forward signings, I have no doubt we should get the opportunity to contest for a premiership or two.

The only thing he now needs to work on is his kicks in general play. Firstly he needs to get deeper cause many times the charge down is an option and secondly he needs to learn variety in his type of kicks. At the moment they just go straight up and down, generally in the corners. Not a bad option, but there are better options and styles that would make it harder for the opposition that he needs to work on and bring into his game. Other then that he has been brilliant and hopefully from now on will mature into the best half of the NRL, which is not beyond him if he knuckles down and works hard for it.

I would love it if we could hire Cooper Cronk to coach him. Cronk's mindset is exactly what would put the final polish on Moses game.

Special mention on Evans form as well, he has been very, very impressive these last few weeks. If he continues in this vain, then he will be massive for us during the Semis and equal to Siva's outstanding form and impact for the team.But again sample size is small and he needs to bring this form into the Semis and into next season too.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Yes unfortunately this is the type of team we have had for such a long time now, that even when they string a few decent games together we still know/feel that we are vulnerable and very likely to put in a very ordinary effort that will undo all the good work of the previous few games.

We just don't have a great team yet. We still have some mentally weak individuals and or plodders that need to be replaced with quality hard nosed merkins. Also I agree with some of the posters here that our bench looks fairly ordinary.

Boy do I hope that we can get some decent signings for next season. I just want to have a team that I don't have a fear of having a stinker in any given week. It would be great turning up to the foot for a change knowing that the overwhelming odds are that we walk away with a great win today.

On a positive note, I feel the best two stories of our season this year are the revelation and form of Siva. What a talent and gem this bloke has turned out to be and realistically should still get better. But my biggest best is the outstanding and most importantly consistent form of none other then the petulant dummy spitter Mitchell Moses.

What a season this guy is having. First or near first in all the great markers that you want in a half in the NRL. And his goal kicking has improved so much that he is now one of the best in the league.What this guy has been doing for us this season is beyond anything I thought he was mentally capable of. He has always had the talent, just like Shaun Johnson does, but look at where he is with his game and look at Moses today. Wow! If he maintains this type of form for the next few years, with some improved forward signings, I have no doubt we should get the opportunity to contest for a premiership or two.

The only thing he now needs to work on is his kicks in general play. Firstly he needs to get deeper cause many times the charge down is an option and secondly he needs to learn variety in his type of kicks. At the moment they just go straight up and down, generally in the corners. Not a bad option, but there are better options and styles that would make it harder for the opposition that he needs to work on and bring into his game. Other then that he has been brilliant and hopefully from now on will mature into the best half of the NRL, which is not beyond him if he knuckles down and works hard for it.

I would love it if we could hire Cooper Cronk to coach him. Cronk's mindset is exactly what would put the final polish on Moses game.

Special mention on Evans form as well, he has been very, very impressive these last few weeks. If he continues in this vain, then he will be massive for us during the Semis and equal to Siva's outstanding form and impact for the team.But again sample size is small and he needs to bring this form into the Semis and into next season too.
TLDR. Executive summary please.