What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 24 vs West Tigers

MrBlack

Juniors
Here's a prediction - we will name the same team !!!

Bryce was only commenting this week that it is great how over the last month we have had consistency with the line up. Funny that we are 4 from 5 over this period......

mxlegend99

Referee
Here's a prediction - we will name the same team !!!

Bryce was only commenting this week that it is great how over the last month we have had consistency with the line up. Funny that we are 4 from 5 over this period......
Taking a centre that offers nothing off the bench doesn't change the line up too much. He gets a token run or not used at all depending on the game. Hardly effects the structure to the point we cant match a crappy team.

Also Winning 4 of 5 is great, especially when we are typically an inconsistent team. But everyone of those teams was in poor form at the time. We now need to beat the sides we are fighting for a spot in the 8th with. We lost to Warriors. We need to win atleast one of the next 2. Ideally both to really help ourselves.

Tigers - we should win without Tedesco playing. But their season is on the line and really so is ours. This game is worth more as it takes 2 points from one of the few teams that are a threat to us. It gives us a 4 point buffer on them... almost 6 considering the f/a difference. We beat them and its almost impossible to finish below them

Titans - i think the odds would be in their favour. But like the Tigers, this win is more important as they're probably the most likely to steal our spot in the top 8. 2 points off them is as good as 4 to us.

Manly - might not mean much to either team. Ideally its only the difference between 6th or 7th.

Kilkenny

Coach
According to Trent Barrett the Sea Eagles are likely to stand down Tom Trbojevic from the remaining games as he is in need of ankle surgery so that will be a bonus for us. Dylan Walker also out for remainder of the season as well.

maple_69

Bench
If they aren't confident in Martin starting in the halves right now, we definitely should get him onto the bench. I think Hardaker can be decent NRL player but needs a full pre-season and a position to concentrate on. Martin could come on after half an hour and just get his legs back in defence and not really do much else. Wouldn't change how we play.

Kilkenny

Coach
If they aren't confident in Martin starting in the halves right now, we definitely should get him onto the bench. I think Hardaker can be decent NRL player but needs a full pre-season and a position to concentrate on. Martin could come on after half an hour and just get his legs back in defence and not really do much else. Wouldn't change how we play.

Listening to the coaches pre game media talk prior to Knights game I got the impression they are happy to let TMM play out remainder of season in NSW Cup.

If Bryce was injured obviously that would change the equation but otherwise he was pretty convincing in respect of TMM needing time in NSW Cup.

Copperhead

Juniors
Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names his side to face Wests Tigers at Pepper Stadium on Friday. The Panthers will wear the black 2016 Home Jersey.

Panthers v Wests Tigers
7.50pm Friday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Suaia MATAGI
11. Isaah YEO
12. James FISHER-HARRIS
13. Trent MERRIN

14. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
17. Zak HARDAKER
20. Moses LEOTA

Panthers ISP coach Steve Georgallis names his side to face the Bulldogs at Pepper Stadium on Saturday. The match will be livestreamed on penrithpanthers.com.au.

ISP Panthers v ISP Bulldogs
3pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
2. Zac MACKAY
3. George JENNINGS
4. Ray LESOA
5. Chris AUNESE-SCANLON
6. Te Maire MARTIN
7. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY (c)
8. Viliame KIKAU
9. Brendon ATTWOOD
10. Moses LEOTA
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Paea PUA
13. Andy SAUNDERS

14. Atonio PELESASA
15. Stanton ALBERT
16. Wellington ALBERT
17. Jack NELSON

Panthers NYC coach Cam Ciraldo names his side to tackle Wests Tigers at Pepper Stadium on Friday. Victory will secure the 2016 Holden Cup minor premiership for the Panthers.

NYC Panthers v NYC Wests Tigers
5.35pm Friday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Caleb AEKINS
3. Christian CRICHTON
4. Braidon BURNS
5. Daniel BROWN
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Jack HETHERINGTON
9. Wayde EGAN
10. Oliver CLARK
11. Kaide ELLIS
12. Corey WADDELL
13. Reed IZZARD

14. Liam MARTIN
15. Thomson TUIGAMALA
16. Dylan FUAD
17. Billy BURNS
19. Mitch KENNY

Kilkenny

Coach
I thought I knew most if not all of our players but who is Chris AUNESE-SCANLON and where has he come from?

TheFrog

Coach
Also Winning 4 of 5 is great, especially when we are typically an inconsistent team. But everyone of those teams was in poor form at the time.
The Roosters beat both last year's Grand Finalists comfortably either side of getting a hiding from us. I wouldn't call that poor form. The Knights had been building a reasonable run of form as well, and the Broncos had won its previous game by 20+.

Kilkenny

Coach
Mitchell Pearce was outstanding against the Cowboys. As good a performance as you would ever see from a number 7.

mxlegend99

Referee
The Roosters beat both last year's Grand Finalists comfortably either side of getting a hiding from us. I wouldn't call that poor form. The Knights had been building a reasonable run of form as well, and the Broncos had won its previous game by 20+.
A single game is not form. Look at the period of games leading up to us:

Eels have won 2 of their last 7 games (thats present form)
Broncos had won 3 of their last 9 games (form when we faced them)
Roosters had won 2 of their last 10 games (form when we faced them)
Knights had won 1 of their last 21 games... but yeah they had built up some reasonable form.

All those sides were in average form and had been flogged in the weeks before we played them. As i said winning 4 out of 5 games is great. But not one of those sides was in form or at their best. Playing lesser competition then we played earlier in the year has helped as much as anything else.

Hell the Sharks and Cowboys aren't even in good form at the moment. But in their case I think they need these shit games to get their minds refocused.

Although I guess if you consider the Knights form to be good when we faced them:
R22 - 14 point loss to Bulldogs
R21 - 20 point loss the Sea Eagles
R20 - 32 point loss to Sharks

All those other teams were in terrific form.

Fibroman

First Grade
If Cartwright plays like a ball running 2nd rower and leaves the clever stuff up to Moylan, Cleary and Wallace we should win this one. Hopefully hook hands out the necessary instructions. I'm tipping the triple MMM for the 3 best players. Moylan, Merrin and Mansour.

Kilkenny

Coach
Our forwards will be responsible for us beating the West Tigers. We win the battle up front we win the game.

Nofoaluma leads the NRL in tackle busts with 117. We really need to shut him down on Friday night in the absence of Tedesco.