What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd 7 - NSW Cup

1. Zac Cini
2. Allan Fitzgibbon
3. Reece Hoffman
4. Joey Leilua
5. Kiah Cooper
6. Billy Walters
7. Jock Madden
8. Tom Amone
9. Jacob Liddle
10. Thomas Mikaele
11. Edenn Rogers Smith
12. Kelma Tuilagi
13. Tom Freebairn

Interchange:
14. Joseph Taipari
15. Shawn Blore
16. Austin Dias
17. Etuale Lui
19. Zach Dockar-Clay

Blore back.

Imagine if Suli and BJ matched up against each other this week ,if you want to know how not to defend ,watch these two turnstiles .

Pezz70

Juniors
How does Thomas Mikaele find himself in reserves he has been really good this year. At least the kids has a go

The only reason I think BJ will play 1st grade is because Madge selected him 2 weeks back, he went off very early, he did not play last week at all.

Fordy, Walters had a run last week (20 minutes).

Das Hassler

Bench
Packer...you gotta laugh. .what else can you do...was it even a requirement of his contract that he plays ANY football?

True Blue Jamie Soward believes Western Suburbs Magpies might have to start planning for life without hooker Jake Simpkin after his successful NRL debut for Wests Tigers last round.

In his Knock-On Effect NSW Cup Round Seven preview for the Short Side on nswrl.com.au, Soward said the Magpies rake made everyone sit up and take notice during the 18-14 loss to South Sydney Rabbitohs.

“Jake Simpkin made his NRL debut on the weekend – 58 tackles in his first game – that would have taken me about three years to make that many I reckon,” Soward said.

“But I liked the way he got out of dummy half, and I liked the way he was able to roll the ruck for the Wests Tigers – it was an important addition after they have struggled a little since the retirement of Robbie Farah.

“However, Jacob Liddle was fantastic in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup as well.”

Liddle was also impressive during the Magpies 42-18 win over the Rabbitohs in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup with two try assists, 2 line-break assists, a line break himself and 36 tackles.

Simpkin has retained his spot for Saturday’s NRL Round Seven match against Manly, while Liddle has been named as Magpies No.9 for their match against Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

It has created a good selection headache for Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire.

“I think that competition is healthy within a squad and Michel Maguire would be happy about how his No.9 played on the weekend,” Soward said.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/04/22/the-edge-simpkin-offers-since-farah-retired/

Tigerm

First Grade
True Blue Jamie Soward believes Western Suburbs Magpies might have to start planning for life without hooker Jake Simpkin after his successful NRL debut for Wests Tigers last round.

In his Knock-On Effect NSW Cup Round Seven preview for the Short Side on nswrl.com.au, Soward said the Magpies rake made everyone sit up and take notice during the 18-14 loss to South Sydney Rabbitohs.

“Jake Simpkin made his NRL debut on the weekend – 58 tackles in his first game – that would have taken me about three years to make that many I reckon,” Soward said.

“But I liked the way he got out of dummy half, and I liked the way he was able to roll the ruck for the Wests Tigers – it was an important addition after they have struggled a little since the retirement of Robbie Farah.

“However, Jacob Liddle was fantastic in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup as well.”

Liddle was also impressive during the Magpies 42-18 win over the Rabbitohs in the Knock-On Effect NSW Cup with two try assists, 2 line-break assists, a line break himself and 36 tackles.

Simpkin has retained his spot for Saturday’s NRL Round Seven match against Manly, while Liddle has been named as Magpies No.9 for their match against Blacktown Workers Sea Eagles.

It has created a good selection headache for Wests Tigers coach Michael Maguire.

“I think that competition is healthy within a squad and Michel Maguire would be happy about how his No.9 played on the weekend,” Soward said.
https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2021/04/22/the-edge-simpkin-offers-since-farah-retired/
I'd like to have them both in the 1st grade. Liddle maybe the 14 (utility lock type?) Of course, Mbye would need to be gone.

Tigerm

First Grade
Mikaele scores within first 5 mins.

Apparently he was dropped so he could more minutes in his legs, due to the limited time he had been getting.

Tigerm

First Grade
he’s been good, better then Amone
Yeah, he’s been a little disappointing the few games I’ve seen him play.

Hahaha, just as I wrote this he had a pretty good end to the game, just wish he put that mongrel run more often, maybe he is still finding his feet, he had been out for a while.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Some good players in reserves. They were great. Firsts are shit especially Musgrove.

46 - 6 with 9 tries.
  • Thomas Mikaele 3'
  • Kiah Cooper 10'
  • Kiah Cooper 23'
  • Tom Freebairn 29'
  • Jacob Liddle 42'
  • Regan Hughes 57'
  • Kiah Cooper 60'
  • Kiah Cooper 76'
  • Allan Fitzgibbon 79'

As for Tigers 1st grade compared to the reserves, it may be a case of the quality of the NSW Cup.

gordsy

Juniors
Can we swap our reserve grade with first grade apart from a few obvious choices like Simpkins at hooker instead of Liddle

Last edited:

Latest posts