What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.8 vs North Queensland Cowboys 3,2,1

Forty20

First Grade
Second genuine capitulation of the season. We have a long turnaround to our next game with the global bye and our gaming falling on Monday night against the plucky outfit from Cronulla.

3. Manu Ma'u - Even with his two early mistakes he was our most likely by far. Much like with Pauli², merkins need to run with him as he finds his way through the line so often.
2. Pauli² - Showed up plenty of more experienced forwards and provided genuine impact from the bench. Used his size very well tonight and was much improved in defence.
1. Nathan Peats - The only middle forward to actually make a dent against Scott and Tamou. I genuinely panicked when he went down briefly with an injury.

Honourable Mentions (very close to points this week)

David Gower - Another rock solid effort. Once again he has shown himself to be surprisingly effective in attack. Did a spot of ball watching in the Cowboys' first try (along with Hayne) but is one of our most reliable.

Darcy Lussick - Easily his best game in 2014. Helped turn the tides and spark a brief comeback in the second quarter but he and Gower didn't have much support in the middle.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Tough one to give out points:

3. Ma'u (ok, this is easy, was far and away our best)
2. Pauli Pauli (looked threatening, but a few mistakes, good signs for his future I suppose)
1. Hayne (not a good game by him, but better than the rest of the plodders on the paddock on the night - ran for the most meters, and one of the few blokes who looked dangerous with ball in hand - before dropping it of course)

Our forwards through the center got completely dominated and do not deserve to rate points.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I didn't watch the game but who cares, you merkins just vote the same every week anyway. Just give the backs some points. So here goes.

3. Hayne
2. Sandow
1. Semi

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
3. Mau
2. Peats
1. Pauli

Special mention to the 2011-2013 nightmare elevating me above stress levels while witnessing a ref inspired thrashing of the Eels.

emjaycee

Coach
So everyone agrees we got rolled in the forwards and played like the busturds of 2012 and 2013 for a lot of last night's game.

Yet most 3,2,1 points are going to 3 forwards who were not here to learn how to 'win' wooden spoons over the last 2 years... any correlation between the 2?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So everyone agrees we got rolled in the forwards and played like the busturds of 2012 and 2013 for a lot of last night's game.

Yet most 3,2,1 points are going to 3 forwards who were not here to learn how to 'win' wooden spoons over the last 2 years... any correlation between the 2?
Was thinking that myself, our best 3 forwards haven't been here the last 2 seasons of softness and shit.

3 points - Gower

2 points - Pauli Pauli

1 point - Mau

Thought Peats had a dig as well, another not from our soft culture.

BennyBoy

Juniors
Was thinking that myself, our best 3 forwards haven't been here the last 2 seasons of softness and shit.

3 points - Gower

2 points - Pauli Pauli

1 point - Mau

Thought Peats had a dig as well, another not from our soft culture.

+1

TheParraboy

Staff member
3. Ma'u
2. Peats
1. Pauli Pauli

How is Gower getting points?
ran for 36metres, 16 possessions , passed the ball a lot

Bazal

Post Whore
Dunno where you get those stats...he ran for 74m. Not great, but he was the only forward trying to run when we were getting dominated early. Also made 30 tackles.

3-Pauli Pauli...he and Terepo turned the momentum when they came on with hard runs, although Peni fell away big Pauli went for over 100m
2-Manu Ma'u
1-David Gower

Forty20

First Grade
Rd.8 vs North Queensland Cowboys

3. Manu Ma'u
2. David Gower
1. Pauli Pauli

Overall Standings

12. Jarryd Hayne
8. Nathan Peats
7. Manu Ma'u