What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd10: Non Parra games - Magic Round Suncorp Stadium

Bandwagon

Staff member
Penrith are obviously playing some great footy and are specials for Minor Premiers, but I wouldn't be getting overly excited about them demolishing the Titans.

They've ( the Tit's ) conceded 188 points over the last five rounds, and that includes having played the Tigers and the Donkeys, and Manly when they were 1 from 5.

I reckon their 48 zip vs the Sharkies last week was a better performance, cause it's that defence that sees them in first place, and is the real improvement on last year.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Also I reckon Luke Brooks would look like an origin half behind 16 well drilled Penny players. They are certainly humming along as a team.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Also I reckon Luke Brooks would look like an origin half behind 16 well drilled Penny players. They are certainly humming along as a team.

The difference is that Cleary makes that team better, and that team would make Brooks look better.

That's a fair difference.

Bandwagon

Staff member
REC_TP_3_3x_18836e57-e624-4890-b17d-2e7598f61ac4.jpg

Gronk

Staff member
Are you still talking down their no. 7?
No, he is now contributing commensurate to the hype. My main gripe with him was that he was picked for origin Steve Bradbury style before he was ready. Notwithstanding same, his supporters were right and he has grown into a very accomplished 7.

IFR33K

Coach
No, he is now contributing commensurate to the hype. My main gripe with him was that he was picked for origin Steve Bradbury style before he was ready. Notwithstanding same, his supporters were right and he has grown into a very accomplished 7.

Steve Bradbury style? We’ve had no halves for years. He’s the best prospect since A johns. Or maybe we should of persevered with Pearce?

Gronk

Staff member
Steve Bradbury style? We’ve had no halves for years. He’s the best prospect since A johns.
Well you just endorsed what I said, thanks.

Steve Bradbury style? We’ve had no halves for years. --> correct that's why they had to pick him way before he was ready.

He’s the best prospect since A johns. --> since when do "prospects" get picked in the first 13 for origin ?

Gronk

Staff member
Listening to the Sunday session - NRL podcast, they spoke about the Roosters shenanigans.

Apparently Teddy gets hit in the head and the other bloke gets the bin. Because this was a foul play penalty Teddy goes off and is replaced with a (free) fresh forward. Teddy then immediately ran back on and a tired forward was came off as a freeby interchange.

Apparently Storm did it a few weeks back ?

hindy111

Post Whore

Steve Bradbury style? We’ve had no halves for years. --> correct that's why they had to pick him way before he was ready.

He’s the best prospect since A johns. --> since when do "prospects" get picked in the first 13 for origin ?

You where wrong.
I was right.

f**king rabbit u r

IFR33K

Coach

You’re taking what I said out of context. There were halves, just average ones. He’s the best we have. It’s not like all the halves got injured before origin and he was the last man standing.

84 Baby

Referee
Listening to the Sunday session - NRL podcast, they spoke about the Roosters shenanigans.

Apparently Teddy gets hit in the head and the other bloke gets the bin. Because this was a foul play penalty Teddy goes off and is replaced with a (free) fresh forward. Teddy then immediately ran back on and a tired forward was came off as a freeby interchange.

Apparently Storm did it a few weeks back ?
100% first interchange should be free but surely they can make the rule if you want the free second interchange it has to be the same players (or the in the same flow as the original oncoming player). The only problem will be if the first interchange player then also gets HIAed by foul play (but can return) before the original HIAed player returns, and I guess it’s also an issue in this day and age if the replacement player is binned/sent off in the interim.

Last edited:

Gronk

Staff member
Gotta say I am a bit perplexed over the "hip drop" thing. I saw the mad merkin make that tackle and I know that the player with the ball ended up in a tangle, but was it a deliberate or reckless act ? Dunno about that.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
there were 2 things wrong with Fuimaono's tackle, it didn't look too bad live but on the replay it showed:

he is much taller than the ball carrier so the ball carrier's head hit his shoulder

the ball carrier was a Storm player, Papenhuyzen, so he's in deep shit

strider

Post Whore
Thankfully they don't appear to have nailed Lachlan Burr to a cross for Teddy headbutting his armpit

Latest posts