What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd11: Eels v Manly GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/5/22

JokerEel

Coach
Manly are going to struggle to win another game this year with their attitude and blaming the ref for their loss against us..

Aloia was on the news saying the ref cost them the game.

If I heard an Eels player and coach blaming the ref I would not be happy that's what the fans and commentators are for...

Noise

Coach
Manly are going to struggle to win another game this year with their attitude and blaming the ref for their loss against us..

If I heard an Eels player and coach blaming the ref I would not be happy that's what the fans and commentators are for...
Agree. They are looking like whiny bitches. But there is method to what they are doing. Des went to town in the press conference and I bet he has told his players to mention it to the press every opportunity they get (Aloia, DCE and Foran have all said similar things). Watch the penalty count against the Storm be closer this weekend. That's the result they are looking for by doing this.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Aloiai should be fined along with Des.

4 days after a game a player shouldn't still be whinging about the referees performance form the weekend.

It's just typical Manly trying to get themselves in this siege mentality them against the world.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I've got this deadshit with his inferior haircut covered.
Sad Season 9 GIF by The Office

Angry_eel

First Grade
Des always builds a Us V the World mentality at Manly. It certainly worked a decade ago. If only he had less injury prone stars this time.

Tbh, I am a little jealous of him. He managed to create Magic at Manly with very little resources while our club imploded at the lack of it despite the resources.

hindy111

Post Whore
Interestingly that is actually a great example to compare us too and not what to do to.

plenty of reports about all the Hasler era contracts and how it set them back as reflected by their cap
/ roster issue’s.

It’s a good example of how short term cap management really stuffs a club for many years later! Paying l overs creates more issues then letting players leave rather then paying overs!!

Luckily we are no longer that club!

Hasler is being used as a bitnof an excuse I reckon. Fact is they have produced hardly any juniors of quality in 10yrs. That's their issue.
It starts at the top. Why was Hasler coaching an recruiting and managing the books and contracts? Ridiculous to think that's true.

And since everyone has been gone they've recruited duds. Cotric,Naden,Flanagan,Allen,Hethrington.... none where they players they felt they where getting

Gazzamatta

Coach
Manly fined $25k for Coach and Player comments after Eels loss. 5 days to respond.
Any bets that the fine will be suspended until a further breach?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
got my hair cut this morning, god it was fun

"you had to win with a 9-2 penaly count"

"well your mob shouldn't cheat then"

Latest posts