What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

T-Boon

Coach
There are three clubs with better teams than ours; Penrith, Melbourne and Souths. I said that at the start of the year and nothing has changed.

If any of these teams play their best they will beat us, even if we play our best. If they play their best and we don't they will smash us. Next year we might be in their class, but this year we need some luck to beat these three teams.

Manly and the Roosters are better than us as well.

Eelogical

Referee
moses has been okay but he isn’t Andrew Johns. We need to get an attack coach. He has nobody to pass to. They look like they spend about 5 minutes each week practicing attack (all bombs).
Is Johns still helping out with our halves? Maybe he should f**k right off if he is.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
They had our measure, unfortunately we were outclassed, out enthused and out coached

Yes we were poor last 2 weeks, and defensively shit on the right edges, but why is everything about being out coached?

Maybe we were just shit!!

is every win we get a BA out coached the opposition....

Gazzamatta

Coach
I really didn't think South's were that great tonight. I'd rate St George and Manlys performances against our Eels much higher. I'm not sure what that says about us. Our defence is woeful and it's obvious the issues from years past remain in all their glory. Chasing the collision dosent appear to be a great long term strategy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I really didn't think South's were that great tonight. I'd rate St George and Manlys performances against our Eels much higher. I'm not sure what that says about us. Our defence is woeful and it's obvious the issues from years past remain in all their glory. Chasing the collision dosent appear to be a great long term strategy.

it says we are in a mid season slump.....

Or maybe Drown is a pretty important member of the squad (defensively but not necessarily will fix our attitude...)

bring on the knights ...

Eelogical

Referee
Arthur's will be a first grader. Just not this year.
Maybe so. But I have a finite amount of years left to witness another premiership, so unless it involves an Eels title, then I don't give a flying fart . Besides, he'll probably make it at Manly or Melbourne knowing our luck.

Eelogical

Referee
it says we are in a mid season slump.....

Or maybe Drown is a pretty important member of the squad (defensively but not necessarily will fix our attitude...)

bring on the knights ...
Paulo looks like he needs a rest for starters. Maybe even lose a couple of kilos as well, but I wouldn't say it to his face.

Soto

Bench
Chasing the air and not the collision on many occasions tonight and last week has also proven to be the wrong move. I hope our coach and his amazing support crew can fix this by 2026

Chipmunk

Coach
If we continue to turn up and our opponents want the contest more than we do, as we have the last couple of weeks, then the results are going to continue to go against us.

We haven't really been interested in getting into the contest the last 2 weeks, for whatever reason.

Snoochies

First Grade
Whatever we did for the first quarter of the season needs to be replicated. No coincidence certain players go missing we crumble. Go back to the way it was......simple.......the issue is, our fill ins don't do the same job.

And...........f#$k!

Eelogical

Referee
Chasing the air and not the collision on many occasions tonight and last week has also proven to be the wrong move. I hope our coach and his amazing support crew can fix this by 2026
When you chase the collision enough you're going to get busted headlights.

Sean7

Juniors
maybe you are watching a different game if you think our attack as been the problem tonight.......

Our lack of attack/meters gained certainly put a lot of pressure on our defence. There wasn't one problem tonight, it was a complete mess from start to finish. Not a single positive to come out of it.

Latest posts