What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd12: Parra v Souths GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 29/5/21

emjaycee

Coach
Not looking to get into an argument but it looked like men vs boys out there
Not sure it was men v boys but I agree, there is definitely something missing.

I am not sure I 100% agree or disagree with Pou's analysis - I think he makes some good points regarding the need to push out more from our middles who can become lazy at time, but I also think we still need to get some "smarts" into our edges somehow. Not sure how though... we can't blame experience as Opo, Fergo and Blake all have enough experience. Maybe they just aren't good enough in defence and it is that simple.

Wally21

Bench
What a truly disappointing effort it was last night. I’ve not been on the sack BA train at any stage, but I’m starting to come around to the idea that he won’t break the 35 year drought regardless of the players we have.
Also, our senior players need to have a long hard look at themselves. Paulo should not play Origin, he has been average for a month and is either injured or disinterested. Moses and Gutho also need to own their poor performances. Fergo is awful in defence and Sivo is so f**king lazy he needs to be dropped.

IFR33K

Coach
What a truly disappointing effort it was last night. I’ve not been on the sack BA train at any stage, but I’m starting to come around to the idea that he won’t break the 35 year drought regardless of the players we have.
Also, our senior players need to have a long hard look at themselves. Paulo should not play Origin, he has been average for a month and is either injured or disinterested. Moses and Gutho also need to own their poor performances. Fergo is awful in defence and Sivo is so f**king lazy he needs to be dropped.

The thing is nothing will be done. No one will be dropped, the coaching staff will be doing the same thing at training hoping something changes game day

Gazzamatta

Coach
I've faith in the board, executive etc that they will do whatever is needed. Having fans/media talking a repeat of last year's fade out won't be going down well. A huge improvement V The Knights or all hell will break loose. Fun times.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
Once again you have gone overboard and started talking rubbish.
Just because we are not the best does not mean we are shit.
The Bulldogs are shit. The Broncos are shit. The Raiders at the moment are shit.
We are not shit.
Your right. I'm sorry.

Still drunk from last night

But Arthur is still a bald headed dope

hindy111

Post Whore
Souths are too good for our defence and Melbourne/Penrith are too good for our attack. At least at their best. Here's hoping we catch them undermanned or off their game in the finals.

Your assuming we make top 4. We will scrape into the top 8 imo.

eels_fan

First Grade
We need speed. Blake to the wing.
Fergo the arse
D.Brown to centre.
W.Smith halves

Agree on Waqa to wing and Blake to nsw cup.

smith will be 9 to cover Reed over the next few weeks imo. I wouldn’t be backing Reed up after origin given he’s been playing 70+mins for us each week, 2 games a week would kill him towards the end of the season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Charge sheet out

N Brown - no charges despite being on report twice

Reed - no charge

Matto - grade 1, fine only.

So all players available for next week (unless chosen for origin)

Funny that.

Bunker should just stay out of it. If the referee missed it just play on.

Delboy

First Grade
The thing is nothing will be done. No one will be dropped, the coaching staff will be doing the same thing at training hoping something changes game day
First year in about 35 not been involved in junior league, still getting messages from coaches bemoaning the structure of the beloved Eels.

Last year they were saying the same , how easy it would be to coach against the Eels and the way the play. If it’s not going to change, then as there doesn’t appear to be a Plan B if the power game is off a bit, we will stumble into the end of season.

The asst coaches might be nice people, but I had people work for me who were great technicians, but when taken to explain and teach to clients - just couldn’t do it. Seems like we have good blokes , but if they aren’t getting their message across after a number of years, then move on and find better teachers and communicators.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I get that we had to swap centers to do something about our right edge defense, but if Blake wasn't so shit we would not have to change things arounds just to cater for him.
Here's a tip, it wasn't Blake we were catering for. It was the player that came in from outside the top 17 we were catering for. We moved our best defensive centre from the left, where he normally covers for Moses (our weakest defensive half) to the right to cover our temporary weakest defensive half.
Niokore going back to right centre would fix the problem with less disruption.
Wrong. Opacic is a better defender than Niukore. If we got carved up with him there we would've gotten carved up worse with a lesser defender like Niukore or Blake.
If we have to make major changes just to cater for Blake maybe we'd be better to omit him.
Major change? Blake defended very well on the left. Almost as well as Opacic in fact.
Fergo went so much better with Niokore on the right as well.
They were only tested in the Storm and Dragons games.
The only thing that might save Blake's arse next week is the fact that Dylbags will be available.
Nah we should drop Waqa Blake after the right side for carved up last night ffs

Latest posts