What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2020 Non Parra games

Soto

Bench
That game and the panfers game a couple or so weeks later on will really show if we are capable of going all the way this year.
I think we have the squad to do it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Immediately after our Chooks game my gut feeling was "we can beat these guys". Weve beaten The Pennys but they have improved since. Raiders are a tough team who miss Hodgson but remain very capable.
Melbourne are the benchmark. Missing many today they smashed The Dogs. Its what good teams do. I wont have any confidence as to our prospects until we play The Storm. We have been treading water most recently. Thursday week at Bankwest we will have a fair idea. I cant wait.

actually reckon panthers may be the most dangerous side for us. Sides that can attack the edges quickly are normally the dangerous sides for us because of our compressed defence (and we have been shit out there against the tigers / dogs).

we look pretty poor defensively against the panthers out wide (they got 2 tries), plus they have api. But against the roosters apart from poor one on one attempts (brown, Mahoney, blake) we defended pretty good.

storm while a big test may not have the quality In the halves to test us on edges and it could be a battle in the middle which plays to our strengths.

BTW we defeated raiders with Hodgson and losing Moses.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That game and the panfers game a couple or so weeks later on will really show if we are capable of going all the way this year.
I think we have the squad to do it.
We have the squad, do we have the coaching staff????
I have my doubts, I hope I’m wrong I really do but I seriously have my doubts.

The next month will tell us plenty.

Go Parra, Go BA.

hindy111

Post Whore
It's a 4 team race. But South AMD Sharks could be dangerous in finals.
A fully fit Manly also would be. And even Knights would be capable of beating anyone on the day.
It's a very open comp

84 Baby

Referee
If by next month you mean September, I agree. But if you mean next 4 weeks, I don’t think we’ll play too differently from last few weeks, maybe some better defence and respect for the ball, until the Souffs game

hindy111

Post Whore
because most sides don’t play at their peak all year, they have some down periods. Even the Roosters have experienced it over the last few years.

Your saying they peaked cause they are improving? What makes you think they won't keep getting better.
Edwards is a far better fullback then Aetkins. Too is their best winger. Staines may push Mansour out. Capewell is borderline origin material.
The spine has 2 new members and had 10 games together. And there are a few rookies that are improving each week with game time.

I have said this 100 times. BA coached sides seem to come put at a certain level rnd one and stay there. The squad is picked and doesn't change a lot during season when fit. Tactics remain the same. Why come finals I get impression teams have us worked out by then and we get bundled out.
I am hoping he has learned and holding the side back this year. Honestly I reckon he might be. I've noticed how Guth isn't passing to his wingers on the burst coming out of own end. And if he is half smart he would know he has a squad good enough to win games without putting in 100% and using all the trick plays. Save them for 4 weeks prior to finals. Teams do not have enough time to work them out and adjust at this point. You just go up 25% in everything.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Your saying they peaked cause they are improving? What makes you think they won't keep getting better.
Edwards is a far better fullback then Aetkins. Too is their best winger. Staines may push Mansour out. Capewell is borderline origin material.
The spine has 2 new members and had 10 games together. And there are a few rookies that are improving each week with game time.

I have said this 100 times. BA coached sides seem to come put at a certain level rnd one and stay there. The squad is picked and doesn't change a lot during season when fit. Tactics remain the same. Why come finals I get impression teams have us worked out by then and we get bundled out.
I am hoping he has learned and holding the side back this year. Honestly I reckon he might be. I've noticed how Guth isn't passing to his wingers on the burst coming out of own end. And if he is half smart he would know he has a squad good enough to win games without putting in 100% and using all the trick plays. Save them for 4 weeks prior to finals. Teams do not have enough time to work them out and adjust at this point. You just go up 25% in everything.
I hope you are correct Hindy but I see our premium game plan being when our offloads are high and our effort in defence and support play is at maximum level. Id be very surprised if we play any differently other than an improvement in the two areas ive stated which have been down a level these past weeks.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
We have the squad, do we have the coaching staff????
I have my doubts, I hope I’m wrong I really do but I seriously have my doubts.

Go Parra, Go BA.
Where are the opportunities to improve our coaching based on what you've seen on the field?

hindy111

Post Whore
I hope you are correct Hindy but I see our premium game plan being when our offloads are high and our effort in defence and support play is at maximum level. Id be very surprised if we play any differently other than an improvement in the two areas ive stated which have been down a level these past weeks.

We won't be good enough if that is case. We can best the bottom 4 sides in top 8 with it but in an arm wrestle. But your top 3 sides would find us to easy to beat.

We just are not attacking inside our own half which is something we did last season. That is the reason I feel like we are holding back. This has been eliminated and I feel like for a reason. And yes the reason is holding back for finals.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Where are the opportunities to improve our coaching based on what you've seen on the field?
I still think our attack is quite average for the talent we have across the park, we have always struggled to score points for in all the time BA has been here. The same bloke had been attack coach in all that time.

hindy111

Post Whore
I still think our attack is quite average for the talent we have across the park, we have always struggled to score points for in all the time BA has been here. The same bloke had been attack coach in all that time.

We had the 3rd best attack last season and if score 10 point today will have the 5th best attack.
Perhaps a few 50 point thrashings helped last season but then most teams had a few big wins also.

strider

Post Whore

Capewell origin?

I think he is a good player, but i wouldnt have called him an origin contender

Was he origin material at cronulla?

emjaycee

Coach
Capewell origin?

I think he is a good player, but i wouldnt have called him an origin contender

Was he origin material at cronulla?
Don't be silly... only once average players move to the foot of the mountains do they come into the Origin frame.

Latest posts