What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2021: Non Parra games (bye round)

Bandwagon

Staff member
I don't have an issue with a strong side being punished. But I do have a problem with sides battling for 7th or 8th gaining an advantage over other sides. This is 2 points handed to a side who never would of got them. Tigers may win 2 games over origin they wouldn't of due opposition being weakened. It effects the sides like NZ or St George for example who are in the hunt for 8th spot. I dislike it alltogether

Again though clubs will chase Origin players, or indeed build bonus' into their contracts for Origin selection, that speaks to the fact they value the gain of having Origin players well above the pain of losing them for a few weeks every season.

They neither see it as a punishment, or unfair that weaker clubs will gain an advantage when their players are out, and history shows us that clubs full of Origin reps, despite maybe dropping a coupla games due to them being unavailable, win premierships.

I'm sure the Panthers, if they manage to win the big dance will lift the trophy with a tinge of sadness about dropping a game to the Tigers, ha ha.

As for it being unfair to the Dragons or the Warriors, that's just the luck of the draw. It's indisputable, and unavoidable under the current system that some clubs will get a better draw than others, that's just how it is. Origin plays a part in that, as does say the Tigers having eight games this year against the current top five, vs. the Warriors only having six, or the Dragons having seven.

Or indeed Parra and the Storm having eight each, despite being one of those top five. It is what it is, and it'll never be completely "fair" over a single season, the best you can expect is that over many seasons it'll even out

Gronk

Staff member
I don't have an issue with a strong side being punished. But I do have a problem with sides battling for 7th or 8th gaining an advantage over other sides. This is 2 points handed to a side who never would of got them. Tigers may win 2 games over origin they wouldn't of due opposition being weakened. It effects the sides like NZ or St George for example who are in the hunt for 8th spot. I dislike it alltogether
You’re a little late to the party. Teams have been disadvantaged during origin since before you were a primary school Panthers supporter in your Wiggles T-shirt.

hindy111

Post Whore
You’re a little late to the party. Teams have been disadvantaged during origin since before you were a primary school Panthers supporter in your Wiggles T-shirt.

The NRL is run by Muppets. Imabine the NFL or EPL did this lol

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Havent EPL teams had to deal with other competitions for ever? ... they have deep squads for it

the top teams have pretty much 2 players for each position and 3 or 4 keepers

they have sooooooooooooooooo much more money to spend its silly, so many players on over 200K a week yet we have a lot on that much a year

Suitman

Post Whore
Havent EPL teams had to deal with other competitions for ever? ... they have deep squads for it

Not only do they have depth, but FIFA also leaves open International windows, when the comps don't play on certain weekends so their rep players aren't missing from their club sides while on International duty.