What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13 2021: Non Parra games (bye round)

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
The NRL is f**ked .... he did NOT lose the ball because he made a slight bit of contact to brush his head - he lost it cos the ball was knocked out ... this is f**king dumb

mind you, I still think it was ultimately a try, cos douhi then grounded it

I don’t get it. What’s a penalty try if not that? Albeit the fact that Leilua was falling, it was a clear strike to the head which resulted in him losing the ball.

strider

Post Whore
I don’t get it. What’s a penalty try if not that? Albeit the fact that Leilua was falling, it was a clear strike to the head which resulted in him losing the ball.
no - the ball came out cos gennings knocked it out .... the contact with the head was practically nothing

surely if you hit someone in the head hard enough to make them drop the ball then you have done considerable damage ...... did leilua go off for a HIA? no ... he wasn't injured .... he laid down n milked it and got the ultimate result ...... was rennings binned? no - shouldn't you go to the bin for contact forceful enough to make someone drop the ball regardless of whether it results in a try?

like i said, in this case I don't think it mattered cos douhi grounded it after anyway, but if he hadn't then i think its a gifted try

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
no - the ball came out cos gennings knocked it out .... the contact with the head was practically nothing

surely if you hit someone in the head hard enough to make them drop the ball then you have done considerable damage ...... did leilua go off for a HIA? no ... he wasn't injured .... he laid down n milked it and got the ultimate result ...... was rennings binned? no - shouldn't you go to the bin for contact forceful enough to make someone drop the ball regardless of whether it results in a try?

like i said, in this case I don't think it mattered cos douhi grounded it after anyway, but if he hadn't then i think its a gifted try
As RJennings was attempting to dislodge the ball, he went in with a swinging arm and ultimately hit him in the head. His swinging arm bounced off his head onto the ball carrying arm.

Pretend this imprudent crackdown never happened; it’s still a penalty try any day of the week.

I’m happy with the decision of no sin bin or further penalty.

Gazzamatta

Coach
I was impressed with The Tigpies D and also Luke Brooks. 2 things I never thought I'd say.
I've always been a fan of Shaun Blore however. Get on it MON.

Gronk

Staff member
Panthers Leagues Club gets hit with a diarrhoea bomb and the Telecrap ignore it all and stick the boot in anyway. 👍

hindy111

Post Whore
It's hard to count that as a lost. Take 8 of your best players put and 7 of your starting 13 and nobody is winning a game of footy.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's hard to count that as a lost. Take 8 of your best players put and 7 of your starting 13 and nobody is winning a game of footy.

It's a loss, you can't count the wins on account of them having the kind of players that are gonna be picked for origin, then dismiss the loss 'cause those same players are out to play origin.

The price for having a very strong squad is that origin is likely gonna weaken it.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gus did call it a production line. I see Penny's 2s beat Wests 2s easily even with 8 players out.

Eelogical

Referee
I agree, mate. It's a travesty of justice when excellence is penalised for being great. Apparently, it's all about dollars. I would have loved us to play the Knights with both teams having their Origin players available.

chiefy1

Juniors
Hey Tooks, this is the first I've heard of the name change

Greg Marzhew - formerly Greg Leleisiuao, Ex strong try scorer Eels Junior

hindy111

Post Whore
I agree, mate. It's a travesty of justice when excellence is penalised for being great. Apparently, it's all about dollars. I would have loved us to play the Knights with both teams having their Origin players available.
I don't have an issue with a strong side being punished. But I do have a problem with sides battling for 7th or 8th gaining an advantage over other sides. This is 2 points handed to a side who never would of got them. Tigers may win 2 games over origin they wouldn't of due opposition being weakened. It effects the sides like NZ or St George for example who are in the hunt for 8th spot. I dislike it alltogether

Latest posts