What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: EELS v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Fortress Commbank 26/05/23

Gronk

Staff member
I thought the independent doctor was going to call him off shortly after it.

Maybe the should have his next 15 mins was atrocious.
Does the doc make a call on sore necks or just concussion related knocks ?

Definitely a grey area.

I get the milking thing, but at the extreme other end we had an origin incident once where a player was grabbed by the jersey and raised off the ground. Don’t remember who it was, probably a QLDer.

I think coaches need to call it out and stop it in their own clubs TBH.

King-Gutho94

Coach

Definitely a grey area.

I get the milking thing, but at the extreme other end we had an origin incident once where a player was grabbed by the jersey and raised off the ground. Don’t remember who it was, probably a QLDer.

Yeah i am not sure.

First few rounds they were pretty heavy on anyone laying down they called them off.

Gutho being dragged for 15 mins in the sharks game was very costly indeed for a heavy hit.

We went from 10-0 up to 12-10 down when he came back on and the whole game changed.

Eelogical

Referee

Definitely a grey area.

Was it this?

TheRam

Coach
I recall an advantage where an opposition player ran 40 meters and was taken over the sideline. The ref went back to where the knock on happened stating no advantage taken.
I thought that was over the top.

It is so rare that you actually still remember it. Even at your age and dementia.

Cloeel

Juniors
I couldnt help but notice Carty on Friday night. Led the kick chase and nearly always got his man. Also was the stand out on the runs off the ball putting the defence constantly in two minds. Made some outstanding tackles that needed to be made. Ran very hard with the ball. Probably the best game Ive seen him play. Ice who?

It is almost like he knows his contract is up for renewal?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The ref was terrible but gee the bunker (Klein?) shits me. At the end whist reviewing who made the ball dead, how did he not see that Moses was tackled without the ball after he kicked it?

I'm not sure if I heard it right or not but he was "looking to determine if the ball goes backwards or forwards" I mean if it comes of Drinkwater and goes dead it shouldnt matter what direction it goes lol.

I think bunker has come up with some strange ones.

Yes on the Moses one, he was quick to pick up on the supposed late one on the Cowboys player but couldnt see the Moses one.

T.S Quint

Coach
Just got a chance to watch the game at home after only seeing it live at the game on Friday night.
Just wanted to give props to Russell, who I haven't heard much talk about over the weekend. He did a lot of great work coming out of our own end with some tough runs (and got a few quick play-the-balls as well which our back three rarely do). Was unlucky not to get one more try. Did well under the high ball as well.

T.S Quint

Coach
Do people enjoy this? Maybe im getting old, but to me it seems cringey

I like it because it means we've won.

The AFL ones are cringey. All the team standing in a circle, arms around the blokes next to you. Camera man in the middle filming it for TV viewers.
At least in the NRL its done in private. It's the club's decision whether to release the film or not.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Nth qld plays ba ball too and we were much better at it last night. They were slow if you asked me. That's why it was so boring and so tight. Completing high and hoping the other makes a mistake

Guth has been teaching Russell you can see the way Russell catches a high ball is similar to guth. Guth was also shit on the wing when he first came and dropped ball after ball. But he practiced and persevered and now is one of the best under the high balls even Burton's kicks.

Good on guth for teaching and good on russ on Practising.

Now is to get jh as a 9s coach to guide hand, meni and arthurs and we'll be in better shape

Wouldn't swap Gutho for anyone.

He's not electric like Walsh, or a beast at breaking tackles like Tabasco - but he comes up with incredible plays every week.

Does any other fullback save that try on Alex Johnston last week? I doubt it.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He was doing it on the full.

You may have been having a heart attack, I was clapping that we actually had a footballer that did his job and knew the basic rules.

The amount of missed opportunities is mind boggling and some of them can really turn the game.

I miss Fergo - terrific player.

Latest posts