What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: EELS v Cowboys GAME DAY THREAD @ Fortress Commbank 26/05/23

T.S Quint

Coach
Noooo. A NSW player was knocked out (?) and the marker picked him up as if to make him stand up and play the ball.

Justin Poore did it when Steve Price got knocled the f**k out by Brett White.
I remember Ben Kennedy getting a slap across the face and laying down for a penalty and a QLD player (I'm trying to remember who it was, possibly Crocker or Myles) just picked him up and dropped him back on the ground.

hindy111

Post Whore
He always started our sets off well coming out of our own end.
He wasn't great in defence, and he had a miraculous ability to have a complete brain snap on their field (also off it) but he could run the damn ball, that's for sure.

Excellent first year with us but his 2nd was bog average. And his 3rd terrible. He spent most of it in NSW CUP.
These 500k a year signings are epic f**k ups. Just like Waqa you can't have a dude on that money playing reserves. He needs to be a Excellent contributor.
Why I don't get the SIVO bagging. He would be on maybe 350 - 400k I guess buy is a genuine NRL level.
Fergo last year was turning like a bus.

I'd never offer anyone who is 30 or over more then 2yr contracts.

hindy111

Post Whore
And Hodgsons apparently 400k sounded ok at the time. But he is only good for 30mins. So you compare it to a Mahoney who plays 80.
JMK was the kid we had to go for. I recall myself and a few others mentioned him as a guy improving amd good age.

Good thing is Hodgson won't be playing next season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And Hodgsons apparently 400k sounded ok at the time. But he is only good for 30mins. So you compare it to a Mahoney who plays 80.
JMK was the kid we had to go for. I recall myself and a few others mentioned him as a guy improving amd good age.

Good thing is Hodgson won't be playing next season.
Thank goodness for your little birds mate, the voice of reason.

Enamoured Eel

Juniors
I’d argue that our pack at full strength is stronger than last year with Grieg coming of age.

Now it is just about putting ourselves in a good position to challenge.

The next three games are crucial and winnable. Bulldogs, a representative reduced Eagles side and the Dolphins. Win all these amongst two of our byes and we are well and truly on track.

Attachments

• E6D6DD0D-5CB1-4BB8-A9EC-44FE872D7BF7.jpeg
    E6D6DD0D-5CB1-4BB8-A9EC-44FE872D7BF7.jpeg
    325.4 KB · Views: 5

JokerEel

Coach
We did really well to win against the Cows watched the replay Doorey was off the pace in a big way.

That play where Brown made that great try saver was due to Doorey just not being fit.

King-Gutho94

Coach
We did really well to win against the Cows watched the replay Doorey was off the pace in a big way.

That play where Brown made that great try saver was due to Doorey just not being fit.
Yeah he had hands on hips a lot.

Needs a big pre-season to build his tank. Clearly isn't up to 80 mins yet.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Ran very hard with the ball. Probably the best game Ive seen him play. Ice who?
Ice baby

200.gif

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lane and Papali'i both had to go off for 15 mins in the 1st half of that prelim for a HIA assessment.

And I reckon it was a blessing in disguise Lane was massive and influential in that last 15 mins.
HIA is like two free interchanges. It's a massive benefit.