What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parra v Knights GAME DAY THREAD 6/6/21

Kornstar

Coach
We should win and win well based on the respective teams but to be honest i will be happy with a 1 point win given our pathetic performances the last 2 games!

strider

Post Whore
I just found something to drink during the game today

977212-1.png

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah we need to be a bit more ruthless though and make a bit of a statement i feel. Winning will save a bit of embarrasment but I dont think if we win by something like 20-12 will convince anyone if anything it will raise more questions similar to last year.

We are basically at full strength except Junior against a reserve grade Newcastle team. If we are a top 4 team and turn up with the right attitude we should be winning this by at least 18-20 points.
Why do we need to convince anyone? To build up the hype for finals time? So we can be favorites next time we play a better team? I'm sick of us overachieving. It only leads to unrealistic expectations.

lucablight

First Grade
Why do we need to convince anyone? To build up the hype for finals time? So we can be favorites next time we play a better team? I'm sick of us overachieving. It only leads to unrealistic expectations.
Consistently making week 2 of the finals whilst barely winning a finals match is overachieving?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Consistently making week 2 of the finals whilst barely winning a finals match is overachieving?
We're making week two because we're finishing in the top four and getting a second chance. It's the finishing top four that is overachieving, as proven by our non-top four points differential. The one time we finished 5-8 we won our finals match by nearly 60 points.

lucablight

First Grade
We're making week two because we're finishing in the top four and getting a second chance. It's the finishing top four that is overachieving, as proven by our non-top four points differential. The one time we finished 5-8 we won our finals match by nearly 60 points.
It’s bizarre to me that you could say finishing top 4 for the Eels is overachieving yet the Panthers losing 3 games in one and a half seasons isn’t.

84 Baby

Referee
Who gives a f**k how we win as long as we win? If anyone is winning by 20-30 points, the other team didn’t show up and it’s a poor representation of the winning team regardless of who they are. I’d much rather win by 6 or so, having to battle for it because the other team played well

King-Gutho94

Coach

Well we wont be favourites when playing Penrith in 3 weeks even if we win our next 3 games convincingly. We are rated where we were at start of the year good enough to beat the bottom 10-11 teams. We can jag a win against the top 4-5 but will more then likely be outgunned.

But it shouldn't be unrealistic for us to put an average team like the knights who are without the best 5 players to the sword. I reckon realistically we are an 18 point better team and thats being generous. Obivously we will have to see how the game pans out as the refs may be a factor as well

lucablight

First Grade
Who gives a f**k how we win as long as we win? If anyone is winning by 20-30 points, the other team didn’t show up and it’s a poor representation of the winning team regardless of who they are. I’d much rather win by 6 or so, having to battle for it because the other team played well
Have you seen their team? We should be winning this comfortably. It would be a huge worry if we bumbled our way to victory against a team missing Ponga, Pearce, Saifiti, Klemmer and Frizell.