What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd14: Parra v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 13/6/21

Eelementary

Post Whore
Emiid however should of been MVP. It should be called after final series is taken into consideration to see what guys do under pressure.
Gianis choked everytime just about.
Donavon Mitchel has to be considered also. He is sensational

I agree with you, mate - I think Jokic is a fantastic player, but I was very surprised when he won MVP.

My pick would have been Embiid.

Donovan Mitchell is a superstar - such a phenomenal athlete.

hindy111

Post Whore
His tackling technique is that of a seven year old. Only a matter of time until he gets found out big-time. Maybe against Melbourne in two week's time? His attack is better. Good under the high ball. Runs well. Very athletic. Not much football sense, though. Very reactive player. I still don't like him.

You're forgetting that he played 1 game in 8mths. Then come back once other sides where all back up to speed basicaly halfway through the season and combinations firing.
You feel he would return at his peak? Much different had it been a 2 or 3 week injury and not to his legs......

King-Gutho94

Coach
I wonder what will happen when you miss the semis again? Who’s fault will it be this time ? I’d still blame Ivan and his bus.

Robbie farah was out there barking instructions yesterday why not blame him again. He was copping some stick from a bloke a couple rows in front of me.

I find tigers fans quite funny they see us as a major rival but i dont think we see them as one. Especially as we have the wood on them. Perhaps its because of the players that transferred through both clubs through controverisal circumstances they are a bit bitter.

We have bigger rivals in Manly, Penrith and the Dogs and history behind it.

Anyway tigers fan can go back and book their holidays for September again.

Chipmunk

Coach
Sivo one week is probably a good thing. Move Dunster over to the left, and give Blake Ferguson one last chance on the right.

Papali'i extremely fortunate.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Going off some of the articles about papali'i this year his mum is his harshest critic.

I reckon she would have given him spray for that knee shot anyway.

I thought he would have a copped a week or two seeing as it was deliberate action.

Avenger

Immortal
Until he surpasses Roger’s slam record then he isn’t. I have a feeling he’ll do it soon though.
The story so far:
  • 19 Grand Slam titles and counting
  • a joint record of 36 masters titles and counting (with Nadal)
  • a record 6 masters titles won in the one year
  • a joint record of 6 year end no. 1 finishes and counting (with Sampras)
  • most weeks ranked no. 1 in the world at 324 weeks and counting (Federer is on 310, Nadal 209)
  • 5 ATP Tour Finals victories and counting (behind only Federer's 6) --> Nadal has zero
  • only one of three men's players ever to have won all 4 Grand Slams in a row (with Rod Laver and Don Budge)
  • only men's player ever to win all four Grand Slams in a row on three different surfaces
  • only one of three men's players to win all four Grand Slams at least twice each (with Laver and Emerson) and the only one to do it in the open era
  • only men's player to have reached the final of each Grand Slam on at least 6 occasions each
  • highest ever accrued ranking points in mid 2016 having been the holder of all four Grand Slams, the ATP Tour Finals, and a host of masters tournaments
  • undoubtedly, the player of the decade for 2010-2020 in what was a talent laden era with the Big 3, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Juan Martin Del Potro, Jo Wilfred Tsonga etc.
  • a positive H2H record against all major rivals throughout the era - Nadal, Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Del Potro, Tsonga etc... interestingly, Djokovic is the player all the other Big 4 players have played most in matches between the Big 4 in their careers indicating that Djokovic was consistently competing and having to go through Nadal, Federer and Murray to achieve the above
  • a Davis Cup victory with a relative tennis minnow like Serbia
  • clearly one of the most clutch players the game has seen... and compare Nole's mental strength with that of Federer who has something like 23-24 match losses AFTER having match points to win including his infamous 40-15 trilogy against Djokovic
  • all of the above done entirely in the era of Federer and Rafa with Djokovic only starting to win after Federer and Rafa were already multiple GS winners --> Federer already had 16 GS titles in 2010 before Djokovic had won his second GS at the Oz Open
  • all of the above done with western fans and pundits and the media unabashedly against him... probably why Federer is such a mental midget --> during his peak, all his opponents rolled over for him (except Nadal at the French Open), the media kissed his arse constantly too soon the talk was Federer vs history, him wearing an embroidered '15' on a jacket after breaking Sampras' record etc., but he never faced adversity and prevailed... if anything, he was more likely to break down and cry.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
His tackling technique is that of a seven year old. Only a matter of time until he gets found out big-time. Maybe against Melbourne in two week's time? His attack is better. Good under the high ball. Runs well. Very athletic. Not much football sense, though. Very reactive player. I still don't like him.
He's a winger.

Avenger

Immortal
He is definitely a Serb .... he just got ejected in his team's final game of the season cos he got the shits and took a wild swing and hit an opponent in the face .... he then apologised as he left ..... definite Serb behaviour lol
Without doubt. 😂

strider

Post Whore
He is definitely a Serb .... he just got ejected in his team's final game of the season cos he got the shits and took a wild swing and hit an opponent in the face .... he then apologised as he left ..... definite Serb behaviour lol
tbh I'd do the other merkin for milking .... harden up ffs

Eelementary

Post Whore
The story so far:
  • 19 Grand Slam titles and counting
  • a joint record of 36 masters titles and counting (with Nadal)
  • a record 6 masters titles won in the one year
  • a joint record of 6 year end no. 1 finishes and counting (with Sampras)
  • most weeks ranked no. 1 in the world at 324 weeks and counting (Federer is on 310, Nadal 209)
  • 5 ATP Tour Finals victories and counting (behind only Federer's 6) --> Nadal has zero
  • only one of three men's players ever to have won all 4 Grand Slams in a row (with Rod Laver and Don Budge)
  • only men's player ever to win all four Grand Slams in a row on three different surfaces
  • only one of three men's players to win all four Grand Slams at least twice each (with Laver and Emerson) and the only one to do it in the open era
  • only men's player to have reached the final of each Grand Slam on at least 6 occasions each
  • highest ever accrued ranking points in mid 2016 having been the holder of all four Grand Slams, the ATP Tour Finals, and a host of masters tournaments
  • undoubtedly, the player of the decade for 2010-2020 in what was a talent laden era with the Big 3, Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka, Juan Martin Del Potro, Jo Wilfred Tsonga etc.
  • a positive H2H record against all major rivals throughout the era - Nadal, Federer, Murray, Wawrinka, Del Potro, Tsonga etc... interestingly, Djokovic is the player all the other Big 4 players have played most in matches between the Big 4 in their careers indicating that Djokovic was consistently competing and having to go through Nadal, Federer and Murray to achieve the above
  • a Davis Cup victory with a relative tennis minnow like Serbia
  • clearly one of the most clutch players the game has seen... and compare Nole's mental strength with that of Federer who has something like 23-24 match losses AFTER having match points to win including his infamous 40-15 trilogy against Djokovic
  • all of the above done entirely in the era of Federer and Rafa with Djokovic only starting to win after Federer and Rafa were already multiple GS winners --> Federer already had 16 GS titles in 2010 before Djokovic had won his second GS at the Oz Open
  • all of the above done with western fans and pundits and the media unabashedly against him... probably why Federer is such a mental midget --> during his peak, all his opponents rolled over for him (except Nadal at the French Open), the media kissed his arse constantly too soon the talk was Federer vs history, him wearing an embroidered '15' on a jacket after breaking Sampras' record etc., but he never faced adversity and prevailed... if anything, he was more likely to break down and cry.

Great player - dumb as a door.

TheRam

Coach
Was so nice to see a genuine 9 finally get a run after over 2 years of gash replacements when Rheed was out. Hopefully we never see Smith (let me kick boys), Stone or who ever else the coaching staff can conjure up, ever get the gig again. Roach should be next cab off the rank. Period.

How good was Lussick? The kid is a natural dummy half that has a great pass on him. Decent size for a hooker and can tackle. If he continues to play like he did yesterday for the weeks that Mahoney is out, then I think we have solved our 14 bench spot.

When at full strength he should be on the bench. He can come on and give great cover for injuries and can give Mahoney a spell of around 10-15 mins a game and we don't lose anything in the process and probably gain significantly overall. Even though Mahoney can do 80, I still feel that he would be a hell of a lot better overall if we saved him from himself and rested him during games. Lussick being that good gives us great options. Lock it in BA.

lingard

Coach
I wonder what would have happened to you if Sivo hit like he did with Doueihi, I wish. Doueihi was off for the rest of the match after that, it was a reckless head high tackle, and he already has a record, it should not be a fine, idiot.
I agree with you, mate. Sivo should have been sent off period. He's actually quite a dirty player. Not one of my favourite Parra players. Doueihi is, however, one of my favourite non-Parra players. Hope he's okay.

lingard

Coach
You're forgetting that he played 1 game in 8mths. Then come back once other sides where all back up to speed basicaly halfway through the season and combinations firing.
You feel he would return at his peak? Much different had it been a 2 or 3 week injury and not to his legs......
Not talking about his fitness, just his tackling technique. He seldom finishes a tackle. Tries to 'push' opponents rather than tie them up or put them down, and slides off tackles way too easily. It's like he's scared of the contact.

hindy111

Post Whore
How good was Lussick? The kid is a natural dummy half that has a great pass on him. Decent size for a hooker and can tackle. If he continues to play like he did yesterday for the weeks that Mahoney is out, then I think we have solved our 14 bench spot.

When at full strength he should be on the bench. He can come on and give great cover for injuries and can give Mahoney a spell of around 10-15 mins a game and we don't lose anything in the process and probably gain significantly overall. Even though Mahoney can do 80, I still feel that he would be a hell of a lot better overall if we saved him from himself and rested him during games. Lussick being that good gives us great options. Lock it in BA.

I prefer W.Smith. He is more dangerous and covers more positions. If the game is close BA is not taking Mahoney off for Lussick. And if we are winning easy W.Smith doesn't hurt this.
But if we are after some spark W.Smith is capable of something flashy. Plus any injury from 1-7 is covered along with 9. Lussick doesn't offer enough to be a 14 for mine.

Eelogical

Referee
Robbie farah was out there barking instructions yesterday why not blame him again. He was copping some stick from a bloke a couple rows in front of me.

I find tigers fans quite funny they see us as a major rival but i dont think we see them as one. Especially as we have the wood on them. Perhaps its because of the players that transferred through both clubs through controverisal circumstances they are a bit bitter.

We have bigger rivals in Manly, Penrith and the Dogs and history behind it.

Anyway tigers fan can go back and book their holidays for September again.
Cold comfort win. I'll take it, though.