What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

rd14 v Manly

abpanther

Staff member
Reports now that Soward will be dropped to NSW Cup

Hope it's true, his effort against the Storm in defense was pathetic

Last edited:
Daily Telegraph is reporting Cleary will be dropped with Peachey to halves, Yeo to centres, DWZ might be out with a shoulder injury. Dropping Cleary I don't think would be smart.

Munted

Bench
Moylan.

Seriously if we drop Cleary I'll be bloody annoyed , it's time just to stick solid with young halves.

Pretty sure DWZ has said he wants to be fullback in the past, just shove him there, Moylan in the halves with TMM/Cleary when/if fit and firing.

Sowards well past his used by date. Old legs, short, munted, cant defend etc
Jeff Robson is better!

Pretty sure DWZ has said he wants to be fullback in the past, just shove him there, Moylan in the halves with TMM/Cleary when/if fit and firing.

Sowards well past his used by date. Old legs, short, munted, cant defend etc
Jeff Robson is better!

There's also Edwards for FB.

Although that would mean lots of inexperience in key positions.

TheFrog

Coach
The time for panic is after this match. Leave the halves alone for once. Maybe Segs to the bench, if he's healthy.

Copperhead

Juniors
A veteran dropped and another debutant emerges as Panthers coach Anthony Griffin names his side to face Manly at Brookvale Oval on Sunday. Bryce Cartwright has been named to play in the halves alongside Nathan Cleary, while prop Moses Leota is set to make his NRL debut off the bench.

Panthers v Manly
7.30pm Sunday @ Brookvale Oval

1. Matt MOYLAN (c)
2. Josh MANSOUR
3. Waqa BLAKE
4. Tyrone PEACHEY
5. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Bryce CARTWRIGHT
7. Nathan CLEARY
8. Leilani LATU
9. Peter WALLACE
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD
11. Isaah YEO
12. Trent MERRIN
13. Suaia MATAGI

14. Sitaleki AKAUOLA
15. Jeremy LATIMORE
16. Chris GREVSMUHL
17. Moses LEOTA

Panthers coach Steve Georgallis names his side to face Manly in the Intrust Super Premiership NSW clash at Pepper Stadium on Saturday.

Panthers ISP v Manly ISP
3pm Saturday @ Pepper Stadium

1. Dylan EDWARDS
2. Josh HALL
3. George JENNINGS
4. Will SMITH (c)
5. Malakai WATENE-ZELEZNIAK
6. Zach DOCKAR-CLAY
7. Jamie SOWARD
8. Andy SAUNDERS
9. James SEGEYARO
10. Viliame KIKAU
11. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA
12. Sione KATOA
13. Tyrone MAY

14. Brendan ATTWOOD
15. Ben GARCIA
16. Paea PUA
17. Jerry KEY

Panthers NYC coach Cam Ciraldo names his side to face Manly at Brookvale Oval on Sunday.

Panthers NYC v Manly NYC
1.45pm Sunday @ Brookvale Oval

1. Daniel BROWN
2. Ratu TUISESE
3. Braidon BURNS
4. Caleb AEKINS
5. Christian CRICHTON
6. Dean BLORE
7. Jarome LUAI
8. Cowen EPERE
9. Reed IZZARD
10. Oliver CLARK (c)
11. Corey WADDELL
12. Kaide ELLIS
13. Liam MARTIN

14. Jack HETHERINGTON
15. Dylan FUAD
16. Terrell SMITH
17. Mitch KENNY
18. Jake ENNIS
19. Sean O'SULLIVAN
20. Thomson TUIGAMALA

Last edited:
I agree ^. In saying that Telegraph now saying sowie dropped, cleary stays so probably peach in halves with cleary and yeo in centres

Munted

Bench
This is one of those games that has me on edge...we SHOULD win.
But Manly...backs to the wall with injuries, a match fixing probe and Barrett on the payroll mean that it cant really get any worse for them and they will come out swinging, at least thats what they should be doing.

We will need to be on our game to win, no win is a given but this should be in the bag given the injuries at Manly.

betcats

Referee
Glad to see Soward dropped, i like him but his form has been terrible and he is a huge liability. Excited for Leota the kids a goer.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Not sold on Cartwright in the Halves, hopefully there will be a late change. Edwards into the side and Moylan into 6.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wooo. We dropped a bloke because he is a turnstile in defence. Not sure about Cleary and Cartwright as our halves. But they will take the line on and put effort into tackles.

Griffin finally showed a set of balls in a decision. Taylor, Segeyaro and Peachey seemed more personal reasons then for form. This decision is purely based on form.

TheFrog

Coach
Wow. No sooner did I post that this is no time to mess with the halves, than the coach does exactly that. Sowie doesn't have a history of fighting back from being dropped, so we will see.

The side has had defensive problems, we'll see if they are now in any way overcome.

TheFrog

Coach
Soward has been officially dropped.

https://twitter.com/wwpenrith/status/740075332556992512

The named halves are Cleary/Cartwright.

I have a hard time believing Cartwright will play next to Cleary , something will change.

Moylan to 6, DWZ to 1, Yeo to 3, Blake to 5, Cartwright to 12

The other question is, who will kick for goal. I'm thinking Cleary, but there's Moylan, Wallace and Cartwright as well. To be fair, Cartwright was never a world-beater in the goal kicking dept.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Wooo. We dropped a bloke because he is a turnstile in defence. Not sure about Cleary and Cartwright as our halves. But they will take the line on and put effort into tackles.

Griffin finally showed a set of balls in a decision. Taylor, Segeyaro and Peachey seemed more personal reasons then for form. This decision is purely based on form.

Mate he has plenty of faults but making a big call is not one of them. Re Seggy are we sure it's personal? Wallace is simply a more effective hooker for us.