What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15 2021: Non Parra games (Beanie for brain cancer round)

Eelogical

Referee
I said it a month or so ago. Manly are a dark horse. They are the purest footy team of the lot. Penrith and Storm are superior but robotic. Manly are a footy side. A joy to watch tbh.
They still have Jake,Alioi,Schuster, Sironem to come back and I think I am missing a few also.
They do need to tidy up their defense but they are one side who would worry the top 2 imo due to the way they play,
Who did you say it to?

strider

Post Whore
I said it a month or so ago. Manly are a dark horse. They are the purest footy team of the lot. Penrith and Storm are superior but robotic. Manly are a footy side. A joy to watch tbh.
They still have Jake,Alioi,Schuster, Sironem to come back and I think I am missing a few also.
They do need to tidy up their defense but they are one side who would worry the top 2 imo due to the way they play,
Missing their hooker too ... or is he in gaol?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Tits are drooping ... they were very perky earlier
Crazy how often one team can have only 35% of the ball in one half and magically get 65% in the second. It would be impossible to recover from that fatigue without the ref heavily managing you back into the game.

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
Crazy how often one team can have only 35% of the ball in one half and magically get 65% in the second. It would be impossible to recover from that fatigue without the ref heavily managing you back into the game.

I still feel if you score you should kick off. Otherwise you will get what we are getting. Dominant sides just scoring then controlling the ball for the next 20 mins.

Gronk

Staff member

$$ fine for the Rooster, but the sin bin cost them the game. :rolleyes:

6-12 when he went off
20-12 when he came back on
Aaand he got off. EVERYONE could see that it wasn’t his fault. It cost them the game with that momentum swing.

emjaycee

Coach
Will it translate to common sense with the binnings now?
No. The refs will continue to use the sin bin as they need to cover their asses and protect their jobs.

A bit like how the police still arrest people despite the courts letting them go later.

Gronk

Staff member
As someone said in the recent NRL Sunday wrap podcast, you could literally run at a props chest or shoulder with your head at the moment and get a penalty.

A Yr12 Legal Studies kid knows that there is such a thing as contributory negligence. Not on the NRL field it seems.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Gee I'm disappointed with The Tits. I rewatched that Manly game again today. Tits were awful. Their defence was worse than ours at its worst. That right edge defence was bloody horrible and their middle is as soft as.
I'm not sure Manly or Turbo were that great. Fifita is so over priced and I wouldnt touch Peachy with a 10 foot pole. I have big wraps on Holbrook but goodness they are going like busteds. He has some pretty good assistants as well.