What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd15: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY thread @ BankWest Stadium 20/6/21

Avenger

Immortal
Lussick did fine last week. No need for Roache. Sean Russell is not ready for first grade.
Blake and Sivo should be our wingers going forward. These two young pencil wingers are too raw and probably not good enough.

Either give Penisini some game time and make an assessment or buy a strike centre like Gagai.

Noise

Coach
People bitched and moaned lussick was out on his feet last week

You would have picked Fergo? Penisini? Something else? ... i dont think russell has done anything wrong so far
Fergo might be out of form but he’s still better and bigger than Russell. The starts to our sets have been shit because our wingers are tiny.

Eelogical

Referee
Dogs are more composed, playing smarter and look confident. We're looking disjointed, slow with our play the balls and have a case of the dropsies. Papa and Gutho are doing us proud.

strider

Post Whore
Fergo might be out of form but he’s still better and bigger than Russell.
Yeah i expected fergo to come back in ... but i dare say had he dropped the bomb and had the pass go over his head like dunster did then it would be all, "f**kin BA picking useless fergo"

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We've made too many errors to really put the Dogs under any pressure, but I'm not sure it would've mattered. Our attack is so pedestrian and predictable with such an embarrassing set structure. Our play from shapes is just appalling that relies either purely and simply on individual brilliance or chancing our luck with kicks that aren't purposeful, they rely on our opponents making an error.

Is the only shape we seriously have is a middle forward passing to a middle forward or half who passes to someone with defence all over him? Only one half passes the ball sometimes, the other runs it every single time.

It's too f**king predictable....

Can we seriously get some attacking structure that at least moves the defence around to create gaps in their defence?

Having said that the Dogs have come to play and are playing strong.
If you watched the reserve grade it was the same rubbish shapes, horrible at every level.

hindy111

Post Whore
Chasing it and front loading our effort, thats all it takes. But don't expect it for 80mins, i'd be happy we did it for about 5 mins today.

Just run hard and tackle hard. Even simple ball movement the Dogs are doing better with inside balls. We just do 5 hit ups and kick. Need to play footy. It is to simple. Being wet I understand you must adjust. So play patient and force drop outs.

Eelogical

Referee
Its always a bit of a laugh how active certain posters are if we arent having a good game .... its tumbleweeds otherwise ... lol

I suppose each to their own. Comfort found in venting
Nothing like getting stabby to make some feel good, mate.

hindy111

Post Whore
Yeah i expected fergo to come back in ... but i dare say had he dropped the bomb and had the pass go over his head like dunster did then it would be all, "f**kin BA picking useless fergo"

Let's be honest. We can't win comp. Better the build for next season and blood guys who will be part of side.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Just want to know why the Storm never play like this against the weaker sides.
The Storm know they have to win the middle first. Even our reserve grade side seems to know it. They played boring, low-risk footy today and won comfortably. The first grade side wants to score on every set. At least @hineyrulz will be happy. It's very exciting football.