What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Bluebet Stadium 2/7/21

King-Gutho94

Coach
I'd lean toward finish 5th and a win followed by a loss. With that result.BA probably stays.
The problem i see with that is we did that 2 years ago back in 19.

We have spent practically the last 2 years locked in the top 4 on the ladder. How many rounds havent we been in the top 4 last 2 years. Maybe 1 or 2.

To not make at least preliminary final would be a waste. And were still standing in the same spot as 2 years ago.

We need to win a final against either one of the top 6 (Storm, panthers, souths, manly, roosters) to say we have made progress.

Winning a cheap final against 7th or 8th will mean nothing if we dont have back it up the following week after the past couple of seasons

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The problem i see with that is we did that 2 years ago back in 19.

We have spent practically the last 2 years locked in the top 4 on the ladder. How many rounds havent we been in the top 4 last 2 years. Maybe 1 or 2.

To not make at least preliminary final would be a waste. And were still standing in the same spot as 2 years ago.

We need to win a final against either one of the top 6 (Storm, panthers, souths, manly, roosters) to say we have made progress.

Winning a cheap final against 7th or 8th will mean nothing if we dont have back it up the following week after the past couple of seasons
We've been a false top four side in previous years. Have a look at points differential for a better measure of our team's quality. This year we are legitimately the third best team in the comp, at least so far. Maybe it'll be different by the end of the season, but so far our for-and-against shows us to be genuine top four. We haven't done that since 2005.

hindy111

Post Whore
I'd rather be in our finishing position we've been for the last few years then constantly finishing 9th - 12th. We aren't good as the top 3 sides most of these seasons. But better then the other 12.

Sure we may not win comp. But would you prefer to be like the Tigers. Win a comp followed by 15yrs of barely a finals appearance? A title would be nice don't get me wrong but being a finals side and competitive most of the time probably brings all us fans more enjoyment over a 10yr period.

Angry_eel

First Grade
The problem I see is that our coaching staff can never find all the players needed for a premiership.

- In 2000s, we didn't have good halves but we had decent forwards and outside backs
- In 2010s, we were down in the dumps but there were a few years average forwards, decent backs and no halves
- Now, I think we have the forwards and halves but no good outside backs.

As a club, we constantly cannot overcome our shortcomings. I'd blame it all on BA but then getting rid of him would involve a new experiment.

Gronk

Staff member
@hindy111 just pinged me into the Panthers forum.

You motherf**ker, I feel dirty now.

Stressed Season 1 GIF by Friends

Latest posts