What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd16 v Souths Team list Thread

TheParraboy

Staff member
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/25/round-16-nrl-squad-announcements/

https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/n...r/news-story/4f2120d9177665e1b1586a048264733b

Parramatta Eels vs South Sydney Rabbitohs, 7:50pm at Bankwest Stadium

Referee: Gerard Sutton

1. Clinton Gutherson
2. Maika Sivo
3. Michael Jennings
4. Waqa Blake
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Dylan Brown
7. Mitchell Moses
8. Reagan Campbell-Gillard
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Junior Paulo
11. Shaun Lane
12. Ryan Matterson
13. Nathan Brown
14. Ray Stone
15. Andrew Davey
16. Kane Evans
17. Oregon Kaufusi

18. Stefano Utoikamanu 19. Haze Dunster 20. Will Smith 21. Brad Takairangi

Rabbitohs: 1. Latrell Mitchell 2. Corey Allan 3. Campbell Graham 4. Dane Gagai 5. Jaxson Paulo 6. Cody Walker 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Tevita Tatola 9. Damien Cook 10. Thomas Burgess 11. Jaydn Su’A 12. Bayley Sironen 13. Cameron Murray 14. Mark Nicholls 15. Liam Knight 16. Patrick Mago 17. Keaon Koloamatangi 18. Jed Cartwright 19. Steven Marsters 20. Troy Dargan 21. Kurt Dillon

Gazzamatta

Coach
Watch out for Cook, and exploit their back 3..
I agree Cook is most likely the danger. Our Eels have managed to stop each teams best player throughout the season with the exception of DCE and Levi occasionally. My opinion is the player we found most difficult to contain was Harry Grant in behind the ruck. He was dynamite. If we afford Cook similar latitude it could be an issue. Lets go boys.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Fun Facts:

Souths are currently 7th

Haven't beaten anyone above them this year (hope that trend continues)

Beat the 8th placed team Cronulla, way back in Rd 1

Eelementary

Post Whore
I wasn't too impressed with their win against Manly, tbh - Manly were terrible.

Souths played well, but Manly were just...an under-11's side would have beaten them.

Cook is quality, and Cody Walker is always dangerous. Adam Reynolds' kicking game is always an issue.

Their forward pack doesn't worry me - I don't mean to be rude, or arrogant, but I'm comfortable we have their measure.

Backs...Mitchell - whilst good for a brilliant play, here and there - doesn’t get involved enough, and I am sure that Dylan Brown will be testing Mitchell heavily.

I'm quietly confident.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I agree Cook is most likely the danger. Our Eels have managed to stop each teams best player throughout the season with the exception of DCE and Levi occasionally. My opinion is the player we found most difficult to contain was Harry Grant in behind the ruck. He was dynamite. If we afford Cook similar latitude it could be an issue. Lets go boys.

To be fair, Grant played very well, but he was allowed to get away with several forward passes, which in turn, made him look better, and us look sillier.

Gazzamatta

Coach
A little concerned Taka isnt getting some game time. Davey was an obvious choice and hes earned another opportunity so its hard to argue against his selection. Hopefully our backs hold up because we have virtually no minutes played by our also ran backs this year.

A little concerned Taka isnt getting some game time. Davey was an obvious choice and hes earned another opportunity so its hard to argue against his selection. Hopefully our backs hold up because we have virtually no minutes played by our also ran backs this year.
Gennings has had some time with the Warriors.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Cook's a weapon off the fast PTB, need to stop the likes of Murray to limit Cook.

Latest posts