What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd19: Parra v Raiders @ CBUS stadium GAME DAY THREAD 22/7/21

Hawkins

Juniors
I love'd slater analyzing jordan's technique.

If anyone would know how to shoulder charge and get away with it that Alfred E Neuman looking prick is your man.

By the way, I am also okay with the "tackle" and outcome.

f**k the eels.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That’s the thing though. It’s not being able to ice those games that stands between us and being a genuine contender
We iced heaps of close games last year. Every game has an element of luck and close games even more so. The best indicator that we're behind other teams for talent is our points differential, which is mostly affected by big wins (and losses), not the close games.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Last night showed we are at best a top 6 side.

Passes hitting the ground from scrums then almost going into touch - you dont see that from the top 2 teams when the score is so close.

Players not catching the ball on the full and letting it bounce around from drop outs then getting tackled without making any meters..
It shows a lack of intensity there's been there since half time of the Titans game. We played better against Penrith than against either of the past two opponents. We are clearly looking to the coming weeks, and aren't strong enough to easily score tries when we've switched off.

JokerEel

First Grade
We iced heaps of close games last year. Every game has an element of luck and close games even more so. The best indicator that we're behind other teams for talent is our points differential, which is mostly affected by big wins (and losses), not the close games.

We should not have had to Ice the close game last night we should have beaten the Raiders by 18...

Gazzamatta

Coach
In terms of Rankin I was talking about when Jake first got selected. Rankin was very much available. You said BA was forced into picking his son. He wasn’t. There have always been other, better options. And Rankin stayed home because he knew he wouldn’t get a game over BA’s son.

Mahoney was shaking his head when hooked. He was fine to keep playing. Keeping his halfback son on when he was gash was the most obvious case of nepotism we will ever see.

If Moses is out:
1 Gutho
6 Smith
7 Brown
9 Mahoney
Rankin has owned our NSW Cup side all year. Jrthur has supported him quite well and was going better than expected but Rankin was the one calling the shots. I firmly he should have been given first chance when Drown was suspended but it didnt happen and it looked like it never would. Too late now. Jake needs time. Why the rush all of a sudden. In better company I reckon Rankin would have been good. I guess we will never know.

yy_cheng

Coach
Rankin has owned our NSW Cup side all year. Jrthur has supported him quite well and was going better than expected but Rankin was the one calling the shots. I firmly he should have been given first chance when Drown was suspended but it didnt happen and it looked like it never would. Too late now. Jake needs time. Why the rush all of a sudden. In better company I reckon Rankin would have been good. I guess we will never know.
I watched only 2 or 3 nsw cup games and rankin showed alot. He kicks, passes, communicates and not scared to do what he's to be done.

But I guess ba sees no future for him at the club so have it to ja.

And why the f is ja kicking on the 2nd and 3rd tackles

Delboy

First Grade
Fair call. I think we've done well to improve to where we are but the hardest bit is in front of us. To go from a Top 4 team to a genuine premership threat (Panthers, Storm) is going to be tough. I'm not sure we'll get there.

As for correcting deficiencies, thank you for not falling into the trap that others have fallen into by suggesting that its evidence that our coaching staff aren't aware!
I’m sure that the coaching staff are aware , what is the problem is that as far as the attack goes , they haven’t been able to fix it. If the opinion, from fans and the media , is basically the attack in the red zone is the problem, why hasn’t it been improved.

Its time for a change in voices and structure, something all clubs do, businesses constantly change staff to improve, loyalty is great but sometimes a curse.

lingard

Coach
All good. I'm clearly wasting my time trying to get you to slow down and enjoy the fact that we now have evolved as a club. We are now a heavyweight and from my point of view it's bloody unreal that the dark days are behind us.

I am always looking for improvement too and am the first person to agree that we have hit a glass ceiling that allows us to be a premiership contender. All the same, it must be very depressing to watch footy and never enjoy it.

👍
I reckon you've nailed it. All credit to B. Arthur for getting us where we are right now. But we have hit a ceiling, and I think it's time (after 8 years) for him to go.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
In all seriousness the club should be having a crack at Bellamy/Robinson, unless we try we will never know. No one thought Bennett wouId leave Brisbane….we are a lot better coaching destination then 5 years ago

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We should not have had to Ice the close game last night we should have beaten the Raiders by 18...
Why? Both teams were missing players. On top of that, they clearly wanted it more. We are not that much better than the Raiders that we can have an off night and still win.

lingard

Coach
We need a change. Same coach for eight years is only a good thing if he's highly successful (Robinson or Bellamy). We have a very good roster who aren't being used to their full potential - in attack especially. We wanted to stick with Arthur, so we missed out on Maguire (who would have been good with our roster); Fitzgibbon; Barrett (who might have been good with our roster). I think our premiership 'window' will remain open for another year or two. We need to take advantage of it.

JokerEel

First Grade
We need a change. Same coach for eight years is only a good thing if he's highly successful (Robinson or Bellamy). We have a very good roster who aren't being used to their full potential - in attack especially. We wanted to stick with Arthur, so we missed out on Maguire (who would have been good with our roster); Fitzgibbon; Barrett (who might have been good with our roster). I think our premiership 'window' will remain open for another year or two. We need to take advantage of it.

God not Flanno...

Latest posts