What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd20: Parra v Penrith GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 29/7/22

JokerEel

First Grade
We beat The Riff by 20 points and the same f**kwits are whinging deluxe because that’s all they’ve got. But - but -but we only scored 4 points in the 2nd half!!!! The game was over at half time you dopey f**king fools. Riff lifted to win back some pride and we eased off because we were up by so much - it happens all the f**king time.

👏🏼

JokerEel

First Grade
In the modern game there are such massive physical requirements of players that you can't afford not to sign/keep the dumb ones. Pundits even talk about how the 'little man' has been removed from our game. What they mean is natural footballers, who previously mightn't have been able to match up physically. The loss of these players is reflected in the more structured way teams play. Not many Thurstons are left in the NRL. Even Cody Walker couldn't get a start until he was 26 years old.

Our smartest player is probably Gutherson, and we know he is slow (for a fullback) and not especially strong for his size. He also doesn't have an elite kicking game. Moses is fast (and not small - he is six foot tall) and has great technical skill but hasn't shown any great (or even good) ability to read a game. Drown is just a unique physical specimen. Hopefully he can develop his mental and technical skills. Josh Hodgson can't get here quick enough.

When I mean footy dumb it's that they don't watch more than replays of their games.
If you want to be a smart footy player you need to watch almost every game on the weekends. Then you get a good feel of how the game is played and your opponent as well as how the officials do their jobs.

Gutho is very intelligent he knows the rules I like how he knows how to put a foot out and touch the moving ball in touch but not in goal.

lucablight

First Grade
In the modern game there are such massive physical requirements of players that you can't afford not to sign/keep the dumb ones. Pundits even talk about how the 'little man' has been removed from our game. What they mean is natural footballers, who previously mightn't have been able to match up physically. The loss of these players is reflected in the more structured way teams play. Not many Thurstons are left in the NRL. Even Cody Walker couldn't get a start until he was 26 years old.

Our smartest player is probably Gutherson, and we know he is slow (for a fullback) and not especially strong for his size. He also doesn't have an elite kicking game. Moses is fast (and not small - he is six foot tall) and has great technical skill but hasn't shown any great (or even good) ability to read a game. Drown is just a unique physical specimen. Hopefully he can develop his mental and technical skills. Josh Hodgson can't get here quick enough.
I can’t tell if Moses’ passing game is limited or if he doesn’t use it enough. He doesn’t seem to have a money ball pass. We seem to use Gutherson to compensate for the lack of it.

They weren't shattered in the second half. They were only shattered in the first half, which is why they conceded so many points. Why would you expect them not to sort their shit out at half time? This is a team that had previously conceded 202 points in 18 games (5.6 points per 40 minutes). For them to concede 30 points in half a match was a massive failure on their behalf. It was 13% of the points they had conceded for the entire season. It was an extreme outlier, and not something anyone should've expected to occur in consecutive halves of football. I doubt they'll come close to conceding 30 points again in a full game this year.
I reckon they might without Cleary. Although I haven't checked who they are playing.

I can’t tell if Moses’ passing game is limited or if he doesn’t use it enough. He doesn’t seem to have a money ball pass. We seem to use Gutherson to compensate for the lack of it.
I think limited. He's old enough now that we should have seen it. His playmaking is fairly poor I think. He obviously makes up for it with his long kicking and his running, which he should do more of.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Depends what you mean by money ball. He is top 20 in the NRL for LBAs, and equal 12th (per game) of all halves. If you're referring to that highlights reel cutout pass to the winger he did it all the time at the Tigers, putting Nofoaluma down the sideline. But he also used to get the ball a lot more on the fourth.

Gazzamatta

Coach

Yep. I hear the Medi Cab has been serviced and the physios are preparing their rehab plans. All systems go Poo!

hindy111

Post Whore
We beat The Riff by 20 points and the same f**kwits are whinging deluxe because that’s all they’ve got. But - but -but we only scored 4 points in the 2nd half!!!! The game was over at half time you dopey f**king fools. Riff lifted to win back some pride and we eased off because we were up by so much - it happens all the f**king time.

Reality is similar happend when we played Brisbane. They scored twice with Will in bin.
Had Nathan copped just 10mins we did score twice in that period. Makes it 24-4. Does anyone think we don't win from there?

King-Gutho94

Coach
Reality is similar happend when we played Brisbane. They scored twice with Will in bin.
Had Nathan copped just 10mins we did score twice in that period. Makes it 24-4. Does anyone think we don't win from there?
Cleary's track record of playing from behind is poor just look at origin.

He is a good front runner who can control and strangle a opposition when in front with his kicking game.

I don't think he is the same player chasing points.

hindy111

Post Whore

He is a good front runner who can control and strangle a opposition when in front with his kicking game.

What I am saying is we would of won. And has Will not copped 10 in bin Brisbane prob don't get those 12 points either.

JokerEel

First Grade

A week before our game they came back against the Sharks from 10 or 12 points.

They played the same way they did in the second half against us no silly shit kick long chase hard and when in field position make the opposition pay.