What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22 2021: Non Parra games (women in league Rd)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Wonder what Madge is saying to the boys at HT?

50% possession
65% completion rate (cowboys 83%)
8 errors (cowboys 4)

f**king shit, nonsensical rules. They shouldn't be replaying a contest in the air (or any contest for the ball) to see who touched it first and which direction it went and whether it touched another player. It should be irrelevant until the ball is secured.
But then attacking chasers can just stick out a hand without any attempt to secure it. I think there might be unintended consequences to a rule change like that.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
But then attacking chasers can just stick out a hand without any attempt to secure it. I think there might be unintended consequences to a rule change like that.
There would be (as there always is), but even attacking chasers just trying to create a lottery would be exciting. It would lead to a scramble for the ball by both sides, rather than the video ref adjudicating on a game of chance that punishes effort (first to touch the ball) as much as it rewards it.

hindy111

Post Whore
There was a fair bit of Panfers-like smugness around these parts about the Tigers signing Stefano and how we backed the right horse by keeping Oregon... I think Stefano is really putting an end to that debate, he's developing in to a very very good NRL prop. Oregon not so much IMO

Agree. Oregon has been good but as the years gone on hasn't improved a heap. And when had chance starting he got injured.
Stephan is origin quality in 2 yrs time.

Noise

Coach
There would be (as there always is), but even attacking chasers just trying to create a lottery would be exciting. It would lead to a scramble for the ball by both sides, rather than the video ref adjudicating on a game of chance that punishes effort (first to touch the ball) as much as it rewards it.
Lol unlimited knock ons from kicks? You are trying to turn the game into AFL. No thanks.

hindy111

Post Whore
Surely this is just bad luck? Not everything has a causal relationship.

What Inwas meaning was him starting and big minutes may of been a game he broke out a little. I like Kafusi. He takes off fast. Can offload. Its still possible that he gains more power. If does he will be great on those close to the line barge plays where hooker hits the front rower with a short ball.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol unlimited knock ons from kicks? You are trying to turn the game into AFL. No thanks.
It won't be unlimited. Eventually someone will dive on it and a defender will tackle them. And unlike in the AFL the opposition won't be awarded a free kick.

hindy111

Post Whore
Looking at stats tonight Twal made about same meters. Broke more tackles. Close to the same PCMs. But played 30mins longer and made 46 tackles vs 21. Neither missed any.

All sounds a bit higgledy piggledy. And introducing probably too much luck. Probably amusing, even exciting for a while but I think it would wear out it's welcome fast.

Kornstar

Coach
Forceful contact to the head...........and report and nothing else........commentators, "not in the Ryan Matterson Category" FMD, it was forceful contact to the head!

eels_fan

First Grade
I was 8 points behind so took the eels in the off chance we actually tried to win and did. 7/8. Everyone else took manly and got perfects

Latest posts