What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: Parra v South’s GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 12/8/22

Gronk

Staff member
He ran down Reece Walsh last year within 40m after walsh had a 5-10m head start.

He doesn't have the acceleration like a tedesco or papenhuyzen but he isn't slow look at his try last week when he had space to accelerate around Garrick.
Garrick was hampered and had the lateral movement of my mum.

Bandwagon

Staff member
He ran down Reece Walsh last year within 40m after walsh had a 5-10m head start.

He doesn't have the acceleration like a tedesco or papenhuyzen but he isn't slow look at his try last week when he had space to accelerate around Garrick.
and out run DCE, who gave up on the chase real early.

But yeah, acceleration isn't his thing, he lacks the power of a Tedesco, or the fluent running style of the likes of Papenhuyzen.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Garrick was hampered and had the lateral movement of my mum.

as per above, DCE wasn't. Have a look at the play, he gives it up after about 10 or 15 meters. Probably didn't wanna get embarrassed by Gunco outrunning him, so bugged out as soon as it was obvious he was no chance.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The line of delineation classifying any given role is likely to be arbitrary, so I can't see why "spine player" would be any different. Even your example here is, why 15 and not 16, or 14? I mean picking any given number is arbitrary by definition, regardless of whether or not it might be chosen using a valid set of qualifiers.
Well I did say it was arbitrary. But I find it very useful for understanding how a team structures its attack by looking at who is throwing the most passes. It cuts through bullshit narratives like "tHe f**kEn CoAcH hAnDeD hIs SoN tHe KeYs fFs!!" Murray and Yeo throw a lot more passes than Matterson, for example, but a higher percentage of Matterson's passes are offloads than the other two. In fact Yeo hardly throws any offloads at all.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Well I did say it was arbitrary. But I find it very useful for understanding how a team structures its attack by looking at who is throwing the most passes. It cuts through bullshit narratives like "tHe f**kEn CoAcH hAnDeD hIs SoN tHe KeYs fFs!!" Murray and Yeo throw a lot more passes than Matterson, for example, but a higher percentage of Matterson's passes are offloads than the other two. In fact Yeo hardly throws any offloads at all.

I looked at the team list and the keymaster wasn't listed,

Latest posts