What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd22: Parra v Titans LIVE GAME DAY thread 16/8/19

emjaycee

Coach

TheRam

Coach
Reason why. Manu is great when we have space and the defense is retreating. He is almost like a centre. But I reckon put a lot of ther 2nd rowers in that space and they will also do damage.
Lane will actually create space and able too offload in traffic. Almost SBW like and unsure if there is another 2nd rower in the game who can pop balls in such congested areas.

Nailed it again Hindy as always.

TheRam

Coach
Yet Mau has 31 offloads this year from 15 games, and Lane has 18 from 20. So what gives?

I'd say if anything Mau creates more space with speed and footwork, and Lane looks to run straighter and draw defenders, which means he's often in more traffic, and less often one on one.

Mau also has a better draw and pass or late pass at the line, which means defenders can't commit in as many numbers to hold up the ball.

When you consider who his 5/8th's have been then he has been doing miraculously well.

TheRam

Coach
Yet Mau has 31 offloads this year from 15 games, and Lane has 18 from 20. So what gives?

I'd say if anything Mau creates more space with speed and footwork, and Lane looks to run straighter and draw defenders, which means he's often in more traffic, and less often one on one.

Mau also has a better draw and pass or late pass at the line, which means defenders can't commit in as many numbers to hold up the ball.

Also Ma'u couldn't do what Lane can do, but Lane could do what Ma'u can do. We just don't use him that way(like Manly did) thus less tries this year.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Also Ma'u couldn't do what Lane can do, but Lane could do what Ma'u can do. We just don't use him that way(like Manly did) thus less tries this year.

Hmm, what do you base this on? Mau is a better pass, and has a better step, and I dare say can accelerate quicker than Lane. Mau's lateral movement is better.

Lane is a bigger body, probably faster when wound up, and obviously taller.

Lane's real advantage for us though is his age, he will most likely get better with more games, Mau will not.

hindy111

Post Whore
Same line break as each other and tries. Lane has 6 lbas too Manus 3.
Manu runs off Moses while Lane runs off Salmon and D.Brown

Eelogical

Referee
Mau will be a loss, I thought he had another two seasons in him at Parra. Rarely injured, always gives his all, never seems to lose his head and has a great offload as well.