What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 20/8/22

84 Baby

Referee
But also the need to build pressure is just as much about avoiding pressure. This means we need to start well so scoreboard pressure doesn’t get to us.
I find it a twofold problem. We don’t adjust to the opponents pressure, and even when we do our max output is less than theirs. This is particularly the case with Souths.

yy_cheng

Coach
We are obviously very different to the Panthers. But our forwards do still take their breaks while the back five are rucking the ball out. They’re just more likely than the Panthers forwards to make less effort in defence.
Yeah they sometimes take a break when defending our own line

yy_cheng

Coach
As much as our D coach(es) get slayed on here. What they have done with Moses since he has come across from the Tigers is impressive.

I was worried about his tackle, it seemed a tad late and I thought we would get penalized. But he did commit to the tackle very early.

He has this weird technique where he opens his arms really wide before tackling

Gazzamatta

Coach
As much as our D coach(es) get slayed on here. What they have done with Moses since he has come across from the Tigers is impressive.

Poo reckons hes rubbish. I on the other hand i agree with you. Moses is a great defensive half now days. Tough as. On the old Rugby League Week Scale I reckon Moses was a 10 V The Doggies. He was outstanding.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Poo reckons hes rubbish. I on the other hand i agree with you. Moses is a great defensive half now days. Tough as. On the old Rugby League Week Scale I reckon Moses was a 10 V The Doggies. He was outstanding.
No, he used to be rubbish. Now he’s about average for a half, which means he’s poor compared to non-halves.

TheParraboy

Staff member
No, he used to be rubbish. Now he’s about average for a half, which means he’s poor compared to non-halves.

Average defender for a half? Probably in the top 3 in the comp for defence. Which halves are better?

Nico? Hunt? Who else?

Hughes - no
Cleary - similar? Except Moses can run down a player better
Illias - no
DCE - no/same?
Flannigan - No
Clifford - No
Townsend - No
Brooks - No
Fogarty - No
Sexton - No
Reynolds - no