What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd25: Parra v Storm GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank 1/9/22

hindy111

Post Whore
It will never happen but I reckon the things that Waqa does poorly are the things Russell does well. Bench aside, Id be tempted to make that one change. Waqa was pretty poor on Thursday night. That said if BA were to make a change hed probably bring in Simonsson. And while on that, choosing to go forward with Simmonson over Opacic has been a really poor recruitment decision. It took bloody forever to make that swap and look at our efforts in D ever since.

Bonehead decision considering we had Haze,Russel ready to go. Yes Haze was injured but that was after superman was signed.
In saying that I have no dramas Opacic going. He is solid but that's all.

hindy111

Post Whore
I think waqa has found his spot on the wing. He really does lack basic footy skills though

Maybe but his attack seemed more dangerous un the centre where he could step. He'd be good for 20 meters on the spread and hard to stop when close to line one on one . Opacic is a great defender but his attack games quite average and limited.

lucablight

First Grade
Zuchini is being developed for replacement of Opacic next year.

edit: FFS @lucablight
Any idea what the deficiencies in his game are right now? His running metre stats in NSW cup are always great. Even the struggling Tigers didn’t want him despite this so I find it bizarre that he hasn’t played more first grade.

emjaycee

Coach
Any idea what the deficiencies in his game are right now? His running metre stats in NSW cup are always great. Even the struggling Tigers didn’t want him despite this so I find it bizarre that he hasn’t played more first grade.
I heard the main reason he hadn't been picked for FG was that he hadn't done a preseason with us and they wanted a full preseason before picking him. That was a few months ago when I asked the question though so not sure if anything has changed that would get him selected now.

edit: I think it was about learning our defensive patterns but might be wrong.

hindy111

Post Whore
He would fit in well at the Tigers or Warriors.

He is athletically excellent. He also started the season very well on the wing and centre.
His last 4 weeks have been ordinary. Form prior very good. Hopefully he fires up against Penrith.
He needs to dig in and run more from kick returns. He hasn't been running with the same vigour as earlier in the year.

hindy111

Post Whore
I heard the main reason he hadn't been picked for FG was that he hadn't done a preseason with us and they wanted a full preseason before picking him. That was a few months ago when I asked the question though so not sure if anything has changed that would get him selected now.

He runs hard and gives 100% Very strong.
If they can sort out his weaknesses he will be a solid player. Still young.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Hasn’t done an eels offseason……..

also he is still young only 22….

Tigers also didn’t want Rodwell…..

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

Yeah that was my guess, it seems they like the players doing an offseason (or 2) and having a good go in NSW cup before being picked (unless there are no other options)…

Reckon Elie is another one (but he do last pre season too I think)

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It's not unpredictable anymore. Feels like most sides are doing it. And as they do the defense will be better prepared.
Probably the best would be trying to tap it backwards. The opposition will be trying to catch it. Much easier to just belt the ball backwards.
The outcome will always be more random than a long kick. No matter how well prepared defences are the attacking team will always have a chance to regain the ball.

Noise

Coach
He is athletically excellent. He also started the season very well on the wing and centre.
His last 4 weeks have been ordinary. Form prior very good. Hopefully he fires up against Penrith.
He needs to dig in and run more from kick returns. He hasn't been running with the same vigour as earlier in the year.
Yep, athletically very gifted. Football smarts / skills and concentration very dificient.

Chipmunk

Coach
Waqa Blake could play 300 NRL games...he'll still have zero idea of how to play the game.

Sivo on the other side though is like a new player. I've been quite impressed with him since he has returned from his ACL.

Waqa Blake could play 300 NRL games...he'll still have zero idea of how to play the game.

Sivo on the other side though is like a new player. I've been quite impressed with him since he has returned from his ACL.
Reading this and watching the replay and wouldn't you know, right on cue Waqa does a dumb thing.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Bonehead decision considering we had Haze,Russel ready to go. Yes Haze was injured but that was after superman was signed.
In saying that I have no dramas Opacic going. He is solid but that's all.
We persisted with Simonsson because we lack speed and he adds plenty of it.