What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd26 Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ Commbank Stadium Aug 31st

Is this the first game in months we've come out stronger after half-time?

30 point lead with 35mins to go... if we defend and don't let them score in the next five minutes, I think that'll do - and we can focus on ending the Dragons' season! Bring on the 50!!

Suitman

Post Whore
What that first half of football has shown is that we actually do have the bones of being a very competitive NRL team.
If we are well coached.
I take my hat off to Barrett for improving this team since he has taken over. There certainly has been improvement, no doubt.

The other thing that I have been thinking for quite a while (without actually commenting on) is that there has been a huge amount of unwarranted criticism of some of our players.
Sivo - fastest ever player to 100 tries in the NRL era.
Asi is a great backup half who comes cheap. Keep him.
Hands is a very competent 9. Blaize may be shit in defence but that can be improved. He's been much better today. I reckon he is a loss. Offa has been huge today. Gutho still has a massive amount to offer. Penisini can be so much better.
BA was unable to get the best out of this team. It got to the point where we were playing to the point that no one respected him. Barrett has improved this team just with a different approach and some new ideas. JR I hope can get them even better, with a more improved roster.

Chipmunk

Coach
What that first half of football has shown is that we actually do have the bones of being a very competitive NRL team.
If we are well coached.
I take my hat off to Barrett for improving this team since he has taken over. There certainly has been improvement, no doubt.

The other thing that I have been thinking for quite a while (without actually commenting on) is that there has been a huge amount of unwarranted criticism of some of our players.
Sivo - fastest ever player to 100 tries in the NRL era.
Asi is a great backup half who comes cheap. Keep him.
Hands is a very competent 9. Blaize may be shit in defence but that can be improved. He's been much better today. I reckon he is a loss. Offa has been huge today. Gutho still has a massive amount to offer. Penisini can be so much better.
BA was unable to get the best out of this team. It got to the point where we were playing to the point that no one respected him. Barrett has improved this team just with a different approach and some new ideas. JR I hope can get them even better, with a more improved roster.
We are where we are on the ladder because Moses has played 6 games, and the previous coach provided the playing group with no structure or team systems to accommodate that.

Everything revolved around the sum of the brilliance of the individuals, and with a short squad, that was always going to be a house of cards.

I'd be giving every player a chance under a new coaching setup.

Add Moses, Lomax, Hopgood, Matterson, Simonnson and Paulo to that side today, with some better structures and team systems, and an improved mentality defensively, and I'm confident we'll be back competitive next season.

Hattrick to Sivo - congrats. But again, where was this running with desire and purpose earlier in the season?

15mins left, we should be able to make the half century...