What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd3: Parramatta v Roosters LIVE GAME DAY thread 29th March 2019

Delboy

First Grade
Take Tedesco out of the Rorters, then you will see what having missing players mrams to a team, although that would see them probably go and buy Pangai Jnr and Oates for $300k on the cap each, and no one asks a question :rolling_eyes:

Kornstar

Coach
On Gutherson he was everywhere but I am unnsure he will ever be elite. Just lacks that explosive speed, acceleration and footwork to be a RTS or Tedesco style.
But still a great player and I think the heart of the team.

So you can only be elite if you have speed?

eel01s

Bench
Guys it is round three.

We are in a much better space than last season. We still have a lot to learn. Players to come back.

On a positive note, how big did Kafusi look last night? Looks like he doubled in size (especially the legs) during the off season. He tackled well and looks like a good prospect.

84 Baby

Referee
Its not often I watch the replay of a loss but despite losing there was so much to like about our game last night
What I liked about the loss was the individual moments that led to our loss were really obvious so (outside the ref f**k ups) they’re really easy to work on

hindy111

Post Whore
So you can only be elite if you have speed?

In that position I think you need something special to be elite. Just looking at the best fullbacks in the last 10 yrs Hayne,Slater,Tedesco,Rts,Inglis. They all seem to have a little extra magic or physical power.
But Boyd,Stewart,Dugan did fine. Guthersonn could get to there level.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
What I liked about the loss was the individual moments that led to our loss were really obvious so (outside the ref f**k ups) they’re really easy to work on

I reckon the most impressive part was our attack, it looked pretty good. Not as structured as previous years and apart from our tries there were several half chances. All against one of the best defensive sides. We caused the roosters some trouble in attack.

Lot of promise there.

Kornstar

Coach
In that position I think you need something special to be elite. Just looking at the best fullbacks in the last 10 yrs Hayne,Slater,Tedesco,Rts,Inglis. They all seem to have a little extra magic or physical power.
But Boyd,Stewart,Dugan did fine. Guthersonn could get to there level.

What is elite then? Origin? International? Other?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Guys it is round three.

We are in a much better space than last season. We still have a lot to learn. Players to come back.

On a positive note, how big did Kafusi look last night? Looks like he doubled in size (especially the legs) during the off season. He tackled well and looks like a good prospect.
And so agile for his size. Mobile even

Eelogical

Referee
I only just got to watch the game and I haven't read any further back than this page. I really thought that was a good game and we played the way we like to see Parra play until it got out of our reach, which by my reckoning was around the 70th minute mark. Fergo's turnover after Sivo's last try was the turning point for me, but up until then I thought we were well in the fight and were outplaying the Roosters in general. Did they just turn up the gas at will to blow us away? Not really, IMO. Roosters thought they could outlast us by being patient and that ended up being the case. Possession and patience at the back end of the game was where they came in to their own. Playing the reigning premiers with a team that is almost unrecognisable from last year and pushing them as hard as we did for the bulk of the game augers well for the future.

Bandwagon

Staff member
What put Boyd,Dugan,Stewart on a higher level was goal line defense was awesome. Guthersons is crap.

I think you're down playing the King's contribution, and his potential, yes his hit and stick in defence needs to be better, but beyond that he was f**king awesome. 189m , 1 Lb, 2Lba's and 2 T'a's is elite numbers in attack .

His support through the middle was machine like, it just didn't stop, all game. He doesn't shirk the hard work and was effective out of dummy half coming out of our end. His positioning in defence was fine, and I dare say you could not fault his effort in getting to his man in cover, despite a few misses he gets himself into the position to miss, which is more than you can say for defence you describe as "crap"

Yes there is room for improvement, but given his level of experience at fullback, and the reports of his attitude and dedication at training, combined with what has made him so popular with us Parra fans, which is his 100% commitment on the field,

He's not the strongest, nor the most agile, nor the fastest fullback out there, but he's strong enough, fast enough, agile enough, and has enough footy smarts to be better than most, and he's not afraid of hard work. I have little doubt he has the potential to be elite.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I think you're down playing the King's contribution, and his potential, yes his hit and stick in defence needs to be better, but beyond that he was f**king awesome. 189m , 1 Lb, 2Lba's and 2 T'a's is elite numbers in attack .

His support through the middle was machine like, it just didn't stop, all game. He doesn't shirk the hard work and was effective out of dummy half coming out of our end. His positioning in defence was fine, and I dare say you could not fault his effort in getting to his man in cover, despite a few misses he gets himself into the position to miss, which is more than you can say for defence you describe as "crap"

Yes there is room for improvement, but given his level of experience at fullback, and the reports of his attitude and dedication at training, combined with what has made him so popular with us Parra fans, which is his 100% commitment on the field,

He's not the strongest, nor the most agile, nor the fastest fullback out there, but he's strong enough, fast enough, agile enough, and has enough footy smarts to be better than most, and he's not afraid of hard work. I have little doubt he has the potential to be elite.
I agree and who cares if he doesn’t become elite? He is already a quality first grader.

The position in our spine that I am least concerned about right now.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What put Boyd,Dugan,Stewart on a higher level was goal line defense was awesome. Guthersons is crap.
Gutherson's defence is good. All his misses yesterday were
I agree and who cares if he doesn’t become elite? He is already a quality first grader.

The position in our spine that I am least concerned about right now.
Until the merkin breaks his f**ken knee again!

Right after we re-sign him