What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: Eels v Tigers GAME DAY THREAD @ Stadium Australia 5/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
When did BA say that he was happy with the effort ? Not in the presser I watched.

BA is more focussed on not giving the vultures something to write about.
He said he was unhappy with our lack of discipline in the middle of the game but pleased with our composure when it got to 24-22. Clearly, only the second part of BA’s comments registered with @hineyrulz

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
How good is Papali'i going? I thought he would be solid at best with the occasional standout game, but he has been magnificent. He was never this good or consistent at the Warriors. It is amazing what fitness, attitude and maturity can do for some players.

I have been loath to say anything about the guy for fear of jinxing him, but wow. Just wow! He is a revelation. There have been 4 players that have improved significantly on previous form and been outstanding so far this season and a huge reason as to why we look so much better capable of winning even when we as a team are off our game.

Niakore, Papali'i, Mahoney and Moses.

Also Fergo, Sivo and Lane have improved above last years efforts, especially Fergo, but they need to focus a little more and find consistency. But they are getting there.
You’ve jinxed him now. Pap will be crap in Round 5. Nothing surer...

84 Baby

Referee
Once again we showed a lack of killer instinct that the top sides have, the game was there to be put away and we couldn’t do it. I can only imagine Bellamy’s reaction he would of been pissed and rightly so. Yet our coach was happy with the effort and that we won. The different standards speak volumes.
Yeah we need that killer instinct that the top teams have like the 2 from 4 Scum or Smugfers killer attack vs Cows and Dogs.
I thought we learnt last year that playing our best vs Wigers in round 4 doesn’t mean shit

Noise

Coach
I thought we learnt last year that playing our best vs Wigers in round 4 doesn’t mean shit
I don’t disagree but we didn’t play the Tigers until round 11 and we didn’t play our best. We only beat them by 10 points.

84 Baby

Referee
I don’t disagree but we didn’t play the Tigers until round 11 and we didn’t play our best. We only beat them by 10 points.
I meant in general FFS!
The good teams in the finals aren’t peaking in April, but they are usually banking wins.
The Scum have been far from convincing in their 4 games.
And although they’ve been dominant and had good defence, the Smugfers clearly aren’t running on all cylinders. If they were serious, they could’ve easily run up 50+ scores against 3 of their opponents this year.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Has the Gutho obstruction when he was returning a kick been mentioned? What did we think? I thought it was harsh but they didn't show a high shot on replay.

I thought it was shit. he didn't run behind Fergo, and Fergo can't just disappear, but more importantly Brooks chased downfield and put himself in a position where Fergo was in his way, he could have chosen to run near any line in the kick chase, and he chose that one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And he laughed at you.
He did. He said we shouldn't be signing other clubs' rejects and instead should be paying overs to Origin players. TheRam reckons we should offer Tom T and DCE so much money that they demand an immediate release from their Manly contracts.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought it was shit. he didn't run behind Fergo, and Fergo can't just disappear, but more importantly Brooks chased downfield and put himself in a position where Fergo was in his way, he could have chosen to run near any line in the kick chase, and he chose that one.
It wasn't Ferguson who did the wrong thing, it was the man with the ball, Gutherson.

TheRam

Coach
Remember I mentioned Papalì would be good Ram?

Yep you did Hindy, and I wasn't to sure especially him being on the smaller side. Like I said, I wasn't expecting to much from him, but I am so glad he has blown me away from the efforts he is putting in at the moment on both sides of the ball.

You sure can pick them mate.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It wasn't Ferguson who did the wrong thing, it was the man with the ball, Gutherson.

I wasn't implying Fergo did wrong, like I said he can't just disappear.

What I'm saying is it was more to do with where Brooks chose to run, literally putting Fergo between him and the King.

Pugzley

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/7ne...ting-the-same-team-at-nrl-match-c-2519941.amp

NRL fans supporting the same team traded blows in a wild brawl at ANZ Stadium on Monday afternoon.

A man wearing a Parramatta Eels jersey walked up to another man donning the famous blue and yellow strip - and coward punched him.

fac34aef321da1f4a4f28deeb17e5610139ae311.jpg

That prompted the man to stand up and start throwing punches back at his attacker before a Wests Tigers fan joined the fracas which was quickly broken up by stadium security.

A popular NRL fan page posted the video on Instagram with the caption “you’re on the same team boys” while plenty of fans mocked the fight on social media.

The Eels won the match 36-22 to remain unbeaten after four rounds, while Wests slumped to 13th on the ladder.

Dude, not cool!

Eelementary

Post Whore
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/7ne...ting-the-same-team-at-nrl-match-c-2519941.amp

NRL fans supporting the same team traded blows in a wild brawl at ANZ Stadium on Monday afternoon.

A man wearing a Parramatta Eels jersey walked up to another man donning the famous blue and yellow strip - and coward punched him.

That prompted the man to stand up and start throwing punches back at his attacker before a Wests Tigers fan joined the fracas which was quickly broken up by stadium security.

A popular NRL fan page posted the video on Instagram with the caption “you’re on the same team boys” while plenty of fans mocked the fight on social media.

The Eels won the match 36-22 to remain unbeaten after four rounds, while Wests slumped to 13th on the ladder.

Dude, not cool!

The guy said to me, "Hey, mate - 've ya a pack of androtops?"

I completely misunderstood him, and was defending my Tigers mate, who is a marginalised member of society, and...well...

TheRam

Coach
He did. He said we shouldn't be signing other clubs' rejects and instead should be paying overs to Origin players. TheRam reckons we should offer Tom T and DCE so much money that they demand an immediate release from their Manly contracts.

And hindy laughed at him about it!

Are you two idiots having a good old fashioned one on one circle jerk over this?

Hindy is a legend. You two are zeros.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Dude, not cool!

Old news

Couple of pages back champ, and the real reason on what happened, if your interested

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/posts/14615532/

Tooooks

Bench
Yep you did Hindy, and I wasn't to sure especially him being on the smaller side. Like I said, I wasn't expecting to much from him, but I am so glad he has blown me away from the efforts he is putting in at the moment on both sides of the ball.

You sure can pick them mate.

Ive heard a few mentions of his size, but he’s listed as 182cm and 108kg. By way of comparison, Fisher-Harris is 187cm and 103kg, so not exactly small. Short compared to other forwards I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts