What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd4: Parra v Many GAME DAY thread 6/6/20

Dibs

Bench
Its very simple.....forward passes should be able to ruled on by the video ref.
Very simple.....just like premier league soccer......the video ref freezes the frame the moment the ball leaves the players hands....a white line is then superimposed.......and magic....it shows if the ball travelled in front of, or behind the line, forward or not.....very simple.
End of controversy.
I also agree with the earlier post re Dylan Walker separation for his "try".
Good win Parra.
It doesn’t matter if they should be, it only matters that they are not. Annersley can’t have his cake and eat it too

strider

Post Whore
we should have won by 20 ... we totally let em back in the game with lazy mistakes ... I hope BA puts a rocket up em

Fergo's defensive decisions on that right side were poor ... he has generally been quite reliable defensively but he was all over the place last night

TheRam

Coach
Merkins are talking about rule changes so it won’t happen again. FFS every team gets a call or gets shafted every season.

IMO the Walker try, Taufua try and the Oregon try could all have gone either way,

It was definitely very disappointing how the media has jumped on that decision from the very get go, and then entertained a sooky coach's after game whining about the inconsistencies by the referees. Hell inconsistencies, welcome to Rugby League Dessie old mate.

If anything the one ref and 6 again ruling have made the games refereeing way more consistent then in any recent memory and by enlarge the whistle blowers have been invisible since the restart of the comp and praised accordingly by most everyone. Sure was that decision dodgy, yeah maybe, but who can really blame anyone for a call that can and does go either way so often?

In hindsight with a million slowmo replays and freeze frames you can still argue one way or another and these pundits go off like the refs nailed their grand mum while she was bending over taking care of her bunions. Before the restart of the game media pundits like Matthew Johns and Jurnos like Kenty, said that when wrong decisions are made and controversy ensues that they(the media) need to back off and not fall into the trap of the all controlling coaches manipulation of the media so they can prize back the control of the ruck and the game to suit them.

This is the beginning of that and master manipulators like The Mad Professor Hassler know exactly how to do it and create the sound bites that the media will then carry in the never ending looping news cycle. I just hope that media types like Johns and Kent put these "looking for a headline" boofheads in their place and slam them for slamming the ref for one call that can and does frequently go either way in real time and point out how good the refereeing has been overall this season.

Can and could the refereeing be better in games especially policing the ruck? Sure and I think that at times the refs have eased off a little to much in that area. They need to stay on top of it or as I have noticed players are beginning to take liberties again and hanging on to long and peeling off to slowly again. But otherwise the refs have be superb by their standards of late. So to hang them on one 50/50 decision like they have is ridiculous but not surprising.

The trick is for the refs boss to show some balls and state with no uncertainty that the refereeing has been fantastic this season overall and back the decision in that game due to it being such a line ball decision. Then go on the front foot and state that it isn't a howler in your face error by any account therefore why attack the game the way they do? Praise the game. The headlines should be about how great it was. Not an almost 50/50 call. Move on. Even Manly's coach admitted that they shouldn't of been in that position to win the game in the first place. They had ample time and opportunity to win it and that the better team won. But then he goes on like a the sook he is and says that they won it. Typical manipulation.

Only howlers should be prosecuted like the way the media have gone on with that decision. Not maybe's. But the biggest concern is that the coaches will subtly and then not so subtly get their way. They will start by praising the new rules, as they already have, "BUT" then start suggesting how we can "IMPROVE" them and make the game better and more "CONSISTENT".

But we must resist everything that they say or try to do. That is the way we got into the mess of the wrestle in the first place. Listening and allowing coaches to get their controlling little fingers on our game. I stopped watching games because of the stop/start nature of the modern game and that freaking wrestle. They just dragged on way to long and unexciting. Now I have been watching again. So I say ignore all coaches, especially losing ones no matter how bright and amicable they might sound. It is in their nature. Remember the scorpion and the frog people?

Never forget.

crocodile

Bench
101863182_3277415458964971_1876413281832320629_n.jpg

What else needs to be said.

TheRam

Coach
I’m watching the game again now and the Kaufusi no try was as big a howler as the Turbo pass.

The difference between the sides were the 1%ers. I’ve lost count how many times our individual players pulled off highly skilled extra efforts.

The Kaufusi no try was the correct decision under the current rules. When you lose control of the ball in the attempt of scoring, you must regather, gain control of it again before scoring. Just putting your hand on it prior to it touching the ground then slamming it down is not acceptable and considered a no try.

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Kaufusi no try was the correct decision under the current rules. When you lose control of the ball in the attempt of scoring, you must regather, gain control of it again before scoring. Just putting your hand on it prior to it touching the ground then slamming it down is not acceptable and considered a no try.

True...

But considering they awarded Walker's try, which had more separation...

strider

Post Whore
only they don't consistenly rule it

i am fine with the kaufusi try being a no try - but then so was Walker's

Gazzamatta

Coach
. Refs threaten to strike re one ref system.
. Vlandys calls a meeting assuring Refs would have his complete support with contentious decisions given one ref has been removed.
. Refs withdraw strike threat.
. Contentious decision occurs and Anersley throws the refs under the bus quicker than Big Artie could devour a meat pie.
. Hopefully Vlandys has a quiet chat with Mr Anersley and warns him that Todd is looking for a bestie to join him for daily coffees.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its very simple.....forward passes should be able to ruled on by the video ref.
Very simple.....just like premier league soccer......the video ref freezes the frame the moment the ball leaves the players hands....a white line is then superimposed.......and magic....it shows if the ball travelled in front of, or behind the line, forward or not.....very simple.
End of controversy.
I also agree with the earlier post re Dylan Walker separation for his "try".
Good win Parra.

Wont work in this instance

You want to allow Manly that try with video ref? What about the likes of DBrown and Lane playing to the whistle? and give up the chase. Brown gets there easily to help Gutho if no call made, no guarantee a try would have been scored