What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: Eels v Dragons GAME DAY THREAD @ BankWest Stadium 11/4/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gronk

Staff member
Saw the game again as my son was watching the replay. Moses was like a headless chook out there. He is now number 1 on my shit list. I hope BA shows him the door. He has nothing besides a long kicking game with no vision or composure.
Yes he was, but he was behind a pack that was being dominated in the ruck by floppers and a skinny 10m. He had no room to move and it showed.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I can’t believe people thought Cartwright was good or dangerous, he ran straight for one hit up got belted and went straight back to his old ways. Sideways running, silly offloads and kicks on the 3rd tackle.

And his defence for a big bloke is still pathetic. He cost us 12 points on his own and he came off the bench. Hipgrave is a bit of a plodder but at least he knows what he is. Bwyce thinks he’s a 6 and plays accordingly.

chiefy1

Juniors
They need to pick four players on the bench, it's the rules. There's no rule saying they have to play. The Chooks won on the weekend and only used three of their interchange players. The fourth guy was there in case of emergency.

Which of our available backups are better than Stone or Smith? Hipgrave is about their level but Arthur's wanted him to get some match fitness so he played 80 minutes in reserve grade. If Oldfield is ready to go this week we might see Niukore back on the bench. The return of Matterson will push Papali'i out of the starting side. The bench will be heaps better, not to mention bigger.

The Chooks have that many injuries that the last reserve was probably someone they picked from from the local Maroubra over 45s park team ffs. It's no wonder Robo used 3 guys.

Last edited:

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
The Chooks have that many injuries that the last reserve was probably someone they picked from from the local Maroubra over 45s park team ffs. It's no wonder Robo used 3 guys.
They’ll bring back James Maloney and SBW before the finals.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I can’t believe people thought Cartwright was good or dangerous, he ran straight for one hit up got belted and went straight back to his old ways. Sideways running, silly offloads and kicks on the 3rd tackle.

And his defence for a big bloke is still pathetic. He cost us 12 points on his own and he came off the bench. Hipgrave is a bit of a plodder but at least he knows what he is. Bwyce thinks he’s a 6 and plays accordingly.

He was ok he certainly wasnt horrible, compared to other players. Maybe a few more games in reserve grade will get his confidence back.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He was ok he certainly wasnt horrible, compared to other players. Maybe a few more games in reserve grade will get his confidence back.
He’s played the same for about 5 years, what’s a few weeks in reserve grade going to do??? He hates the tough stuff, BA said he brought him to play tough and run hard. That lasted 1 hit up.

Noise

Coach
He was ok he certainly wasnt horrible, compared to other players.
Compared to who? He and Fergo were the worst players on the field. I think they each turned the ball over 4 or 5 times. But at least Fergo ran straight not sideways

hindy111

Post Whore
I wouldn't be surprised of we are on the downward spiral and a rebuild will be required.
But it is to early to tell. We will get a good indication by rnd 12.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
He’s played the same for about 5 years, what’s a few weeks in reserve grade going to do??? He hates the tough stuff, BA said he brought him to play tough and run hard. That lasted 1 hit up.
He made more metres and tackles than Junior Paulo you dopey merkin!

84 Baby

Referee
I wouldn't be surprised of we are on the downward spiral and a rebuild will be required.
But it is to early to tell. We will get a good indication by rnd 12.
I don’t think we need a rebuild but I don’t necessarily losing the likes of Fergo, Nrown or Matto will be the end of the world as long as they can be adequately replaced. And yes same goes with BA. Some squad turnover can help

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think we need a rebuild but I don’t necessarily losing the likes of Fergo, Nrown or Matto will be the end of the world as long as they can be adequately replaced. And yes same goes with BA. Some squad turnover can help

We need a 2nd rower you can bust the line. And some skill out wide. By far the slowest side in the NRL.

Saw the game again as my son was watching the replay. Moses was like a headless chook out there. He is now number 1 on my shit list. I hope BA shows him the door. He has nothing besides a long kicking game with no vision or composure.

BA needs to be shown the door. It’s his team, he’s gone after these signings. How many more times can you rebuild.

I’m happy to give him a few more games. More disappointed in the likes of Brown and Moses. They weren’t composed at all and lost the plot in the second half in typical Parra panic merchants mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts