What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd5: EELS v Roosters GAME DAY THREAD @ Allianz Stadium 30/3/2023

the phantom menace

First Grade
So long as we go down fighting, and within a 6 point margin, then it will be better than expected before we finally snagged the win last week.

And with fingers crossed etc we might just snag another close one!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
giphy.gif

eels_fan

First Grade
Dunster at 19th man is interesting, as BA always chooses a forward with Jake as his reserves with 24 to go.

I reckon Dunster is a late inclusion for Waqa or Simo.

or it’s all a smoke screen and we have a forward who won’t play, NRL will have to give dispensation as no forward is named on reserves and Mataele will make his debut

Gronk

Staff member
Oh look, we get to play a team after a bye again.

Are we the only team that have played Storm, Sharks, Manly (after bye), Pennys (after bye), Roosters (after bye) in that order ? I think we are.

Go us. We’re a chance.

emjaycee

Coach
Oh look, we get to play a team after a bye again.

Are we the only team that have played Storm, Sharks, Manly (after bye), Pennys (after bye), Roosters (after bye) in that order ? I think we are.

Go us. We’re a chance.
Of course we are the only team that has played those teams in that order.
Otherwise each of them would have played twice each round.

And if you mean played 3 teams after they have had the bye, have you not seen any of the 'thousands' of articles and posts in the media in the last 3 weeks about this very fact?

Gronk

Staff member
Of course we are the only team that has played those teams in that order.
Otherwise each of them would have played twice each round.

And if you mean played 3 teams after they have had the bye, have you not seen any of the 'thousands' of articles and posts in the media in the last 3 weeks about this very fact?
I was being cheeky.

yy_cheng

Coach
Dunster at 19th man is interesting, as BA always chooses a forward with Jake as his reserves with 24 to go.

I reckon Dunster is a late inclusion for Waqa or Simo.

or it’s all a smoke screen and we have a forward who won’t play, NRL will have to give dispensation as no forward is named on reserves and Mataele will make his debut
Good point. Read that Dunster carried the ball strong last week.

Maybe without juunz, we need more go forward and dunst is better than simo i reckon

Chipmunk

Coach
I can't see us being able to get away with this one with only one NRL standard front rower in the team.

We shall see, but zero confidence and wouldn't back them with stolen money tonight.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I can't see us being able to get away with this one with only one NRL standard front rower in the team.

We shall see, but zero confidence and wouldn't back them with stolen money tonight.
Yeah agree i think Junior is just too big a loss against this roosters pack.

JWH always seems to dominate us.

There bench may be weak but there starting forward pack is still stronger then ours.

Shame that Lane wasn't back this week either.